19: It Stings

Chapter 19: It StingsChris

Chris

"Sure what's up" Chris asked looking over at April watching her get up from Dave's lap.

"Follow me" she said and started walking out of the family room. Chris caught up with her and followed alongside her as they made their way into the kitchen wondering what she wanted to talk to him about. He figured they didn't have much to talk about after she had pretty much announced that Dave had proposed to her so her mind should've been on just that.

"So I wanted to talk to you and see how you felt bout a certain topic" April said as she leaned against the kitchen counter and folded her arms across her chest.

"Ok bout what" he questioned curious.

"So I know it was my idea and I still stand by it because I was pregnant at the time and I didn't need the stress but how do you feel bout finally posting up Charlie" she said and asked.

Chris chuckled. He had been ready to announce his baby girl to the world. "We both agreed to keeping silent while you were pregnant. I thought it was our best bet so it wouldn't cause any complications with ya pregnancy let alone the bullshit that was going on with Hazel and Agnes. But honestly speaking I was ready to post my baby up the day she was born" he replied with a goofy smile. If April hadn't brought this up to him he was going to bring it up to her soon because he didn't know how much longer he could hold out.

April laughed and shook her head. "So why didn't you say anything? You're her father you know I take everything you say when it comes to her in consideration"

"I know I know but I was just giving you some normalcy for a lil while. I know once we put her out there that, that shit is gonna go up in flames. You know me I may not like it but I'm use to the hate by now but they're gonna try to rip you apart limb by limb and decipher everything. We know what it was and how she was conceived but outsiders are gonna have a field day and you know all the media outlets are gonna run a story and magnify this shit" he said keeping it real with her. Yes people use to talk about how stupid she was for staying with him but now she had a whole ass fresh out the box baby by him and was in a whole ass relationship with another man. Let alone everyone knew who her man was because he didn't hide her at all and he shouldn't have to. People off back would assume the baby would be Dave's because they're in a relationship but Chris knew once his name was tagged in the picture and April told everyone who the father actually was they'd be trying to come for her head and question her relationship with Dave and question how solid they really were. Let alone they'd try to come for her character and mostly likely end up calling her everything she wasn't. So Chris felt like saving her from all the outside voices because he knew how it felt when they spewed hate his way. He didn't want her to have to go through that again.

"Oh trust I can already see the headlines now Billionaire software programmer April Blackmon and ex fiancé of R&B singer Chris Brown and now the girlfriend of Harlem rapper Dave East has been hiding a secret baby she had with her ex fiancé Chris Brown" April said and groaned then ran her hand over her face. Saying it out loud sound like a whole ass BET low budget black movie and a reality show. It definitely sounded like some Love and Hip Hop storyline. "Then wait till they find out I'm actually engaged"