Ch 11

Artist: Motime_Art

-A COUPLE WEEKS HAVE PASSED AND THEY DECIDED NOT TO TELL THE TEAM YET-

Kageyama's POV

Today we have a practice match against the neighborhood team again because they have been helping us out to prepare for tournaments. All throughout class, my mind wandered to the game. I was so engrossed that I didn't realize that the bell rang and lunch had started. I also hadn't realized that a certain tangerine was standing right in front of me, while my classmates just looked him confused.

"AHEM!" I shook my head, coming out of my trance and looked up to see an annoyed shrimp staring down at me and I smiled up at him (and I think a couple of my classmates actually gasped).

"Hey! Ready to go?" I asked

"Been had been ready Bakayama let's go!" He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of my classroom and to our normal lunch spot.

"Hey.. what's wrong." He didn't reply. "Hinata what's wrong? You know you can tell me." He stopped walking and turned around to face me.

"I-i just... it's nothing." He turned back around and started to walk away, but I grabbed his hand before he could get much further.

"Shoyo if something's bothering you it's not nothing. It's important so tell me so I can try to help you. Please." My face softened and I looked at him worriedly.

"It's just-"

"Kageyama-kun. Can I talk to you for a second?" I small girl with short hair had suddenly appeared right behind me and Hinata and had tapped me on my shoulder. I turned to look at her and scowled.

"Actually I'm talking to my friend right now so maybe later." I said as evenly as possible, gesturing to Hinata and turning back around to face him. I rolled my eyes and opened my mouth to say something when she started speaking again.

"Please, Kageyama it's really important. I know you're only interested in volleyball but I was wondering-"

"No." I said firmly.

"But you didn't let me finish..." she had tears in her eyes but I didn't care.

"If you were going to ask me to go out with you the answers no. I'm not interested. I told you I needed to talk to my friend about something important so please excuse us." I grabbed Hinata's hand and walked away.

"That's what's been bothering me..." Hinata mumbled quietly, but loud enough so I could hear.

"Huh?"

"I know you don't see it because you're not paying attention but you get confessed to so much and all the girls in your class look at you and I don't like it. I'm scared that you're just going to leave me for them..." Hinata trailed off and stopped walking. I turned around and I saw him on the verge of tears.

"Dumbass I would never leave you! Even if you wanted me to I wouldn't be able to. You are the only one for me. Got that stupid?" I wrapped him in a hug and kissed his head. His arms were still limp but he nodded into my chest. Over the past week, we had stopped caring as much about who was around and had started sneaking small hugs or kisses to each other so I knew he didn't mind.

"Would it make you feel better if we told someone about us, so then they would leave us alone?" I whispered into his hair. He nodded again and looked up.

"Can we do it next week?" He asked quietly.

"Of course, whenever you're ready." We heard the bell ring and started to walk back to class. We never did get to eat lunch.

-+=+- TIME SKIP -+=+-

I waited outside of Hinata's classroom since my last class ended early. Finally, the bell rang and kids started to flood out of their classrooms and into the hallways. I spotted his orange hair still inside and walked in.

"Ne ne, Hinata-kun, you're friends with Kageyama-kun right. Can you give this to him for me?" A couple girls were crowded around his desk and he looked uncomfortable.

"Uhh... well I-"

"No he cannot." I grabbed his hand again and pulled him out of his chair and towards the door.

"Uhh wait... Kageyama-kun I-"

"If you are asking me to go out with you, the answer is no. Also, I don't like that you're bothering my friends about this." I walked out of his classroom, dragging him by the hand as he waved to the girls in his class.

"I'm sorry Hinata, I didn't know they were harassing you in class too..." I sighed. All these girls were really getting on my nerves.

"It's ok"

"No it's not! I feel like such a bad boyfriend because it's bothering you but I don't know how to stop it."

"It really is ok!" He said back, getting on his tip toes and kissing my cheek, "we're telling people eventually so it's fine." He turned around and skipped away, leaving me to follow.

-+=+- TIME SKIP -+=+-

We had already played 4 sets and we were nearing the end of the 5th. Each team had won 2 sets each, so this was the decider. Everyone was out of breath, but Hinata and I still had some energy left. I was up to serve. I tossed the ball high into the air and slammed it to the other side of the net. The ball bounced off the libero's shoulder and came back over the net. I looked at Hinata and he nodded. We had been doing normals tosses at first tempo so the other team was expecting us to do our super fast one, however, before the game started, Hinata had come up to me and said he wanted to try something he had seen somewhere, a time lag attack. We had waited all match to use it and now was a perfect time. Everyone was tired and not as fast on their feet. Our little connection alerted the other team that we were planning on doing something and they just assumed it was a freak quick, as many liked to call it. So Hinata ran right up the center and pretended to jump to fool the blockers. It worked, and they jumped, confused as to why Hinata was still on the ground. Then he jumped and I set him a high ball and he slammed it down on the ten foot line.

"YOSHAA!" We all cheered as we got the last point and won. Hinata ran from where he was standing and jumped at me. Time seemed to slow down as I caught him and he wrapped his limbs around me like a koala. Everyone faded away and it seemed like we were the last two people on Earth. He was smiling so brightly, his face was dusted pink from exhaustion. He was beautiful and he was mine! He leaned down and kissed me softly, his kiss filled my body with warmth and chills at the same time.

"I told you it would work!" He smiled again, leaning back down and reconnecting our lips.

"...ahem..." I felt a hand on my shoulder as we both came back to reality and remembered that we were still in volleyball practice. We broke the kiss and I let Hinata down. We both just stared at each other wide-eyed and gulped. 'I guess they all know now...' I thought quietly.

"S-s-surprise... heh..." Hinata said quietly after a long pause. 

-+=+-          -+=+-          -+=+-

oops... i guess the team knows now

like i said in the last chapter im kinda running out of ideas for this so we'll see how much longer this story goes

anyway i hope you liked this chapter!

Stay Safe <3