CH. 44 Stuck In My Head

I inhaled deeply, clasping my hands together loudly to gain everyone's attention.

Eyes were now on me.

"So, how is this going to go down?" I asked Lance.

Lance sat blank-faced, the phone still tight within his grasp, making his knuckles whiten.

He had yet to take a breath since the call had ended.

I shook my head at his silence, debating this whole alliance between Lucas and Lance.

Did I trust Lance to convey everything to Lucas? The answer being; not really.

Something inside me made my heart beat rapidly, and I knew what I wanted to be done.

I stared Lance down, "I want to be there tomorrow night," I stated calmly.

This caught Lance's attention, breaking his petrified silence, "No," He responded with cold eyes, shaking his head back and forth.

I cocked my head to the side, "No?" I questioned as my lips curled into a frustrated snarl, "What do you mean, no. This whole situation is about me anyways, I find it only fair that I should be aloud to watch from a distance at least," I explained to the group of boys who had skeptical looks on their faces.

"What don't you get about the part where this is no longer your problem anymore?" Lance snapped back at me.

I widened my eyes, my mouth parting slightly.

Who was he to be making the calls? Sure, it was nice that my brothers had stepped in. But, that in no way meant that I was now excluded from the issue. It was absurd for him to even suggest I would be.

"This will always be my problem!" I shouted across the table, narrowing my eyes at Lance, "And frankly, I don't have full faith that you can do this alone! I am going to be there, it's only fair," I growled out, not willing to retract my requests.

In an instant I could sense Lance grow annoyed, he shook his head firmly with one nod, "You're not coming."

His voice was scarily calm, and it was evident he had already made up his mind.

I gave a surprised look to him, outraged that he had the audacity to say no to me.

I wasn't one to take no for an answer.

I wanted to go.

I needed to go.

I needed to talk to Lucas. To hear what he had to say. Even if it was from a distance, I needed this to go how I hoped it would, and without me there I didn't have faith that Lance could carry out exactly how I intended.

"I thought you didn't even want to see Lucas?" A new voice piped into the conversation.

I craned my head to Chase who looked nervous for even entering Lance and I's argument.

"I've changed my mind," I responded coldly.

"For the last time, I am handling this alone," Lance spoke up again strictly.

I snapped my head back to him with an open mouth, "But I—"

"—No ands, ifs, or buts. You are not going," He interrupted me, a sharp glare in his eyes.

I interlocked our sight, begging for him to accept my pleas.

When I realized Lance's tough stare wasn't going to break, I let out an agitated sigh, crossing my arms over my chest like a child, "This isn't fair, I need to hear what happens," I groaned, "Just let me spy a little or something. Have me sit at another table so I can just hear!"