56

After the group had encountered the Order of The White Lotus, they joined them on a walk to their base that was nearby

After the group had encountered the Order of The White Lotus, they joined them on a walk to their base that was nearby. On the way, everyone chatted and reconnected with the masters as Soana was pleased enough to know that Sueh, Yuri, and Reid was safe and her father was hopeful for her.

When they arrived at the camp, Bumi lowered a boulder that acted as a barrier and gesture them to go forwards.
"Well, here we are. Welcome to old people camp."

As they entered, Zuko looked around at the many tents that were placed side by side, like row houses.

"Where is he?" He asked, looking to Piandao.

The swordsman pointed towards a giant tent ahead of them. "Your uncle's in there."

Walking away and leaving him standing there, Soana stood by his side as he clenched his eyes shut.
"It's going to be fine." She spoke.

Zuko nodded weakly and opened his eyes again, taking multiple steps towards the tent before stopping and staring at the opening.

Soana grew confused and went to the prince as he sat himself on the grass.
"Are you alright?"

"No, I'm not okay, Soana." He bowed his head as he overlapped his legs over the other.
"My uncle hates me, I know it. He loved and supported me in every way he could, and I still turned against him. How can I even face him?"

"You're sorry for what you did, right?" Soana reminded him.

"More sorry than I've felt about anything in my entire life." He answered.

She sighed.
"Then he will forgive you just as I have."

Zuko propped his head up and stared at her with his amber irises. He grinned softly before he stood on his feet and went towards the tent's flap.

"I don't think I can do this alone." He muttered.

"You can, Zuko. I know you."

"Please, come with me." He begged, looking at the princess over his shoulder.

"I think you have to do this alone, Zuko. You're the one who he needs to forgive, not me."

Zuko turned ahead and took a trembling sigh before moving the tent's covering and heading inside.

The princess' lip stretched into a proud smile as she watched Zuko be brave and face his uncle for forgiveness.