Chapter 16

Shin and Shirlette weren't here because they were visiting the market as usual

'ah...Shin's poor legs' Ren thought

There wasn't much to do aside from tidying up some bedrooms

'a lot sure has happened these past 2 weeks'

Thankfully, nothing big would happen for a while so he decided to plan a date for Sherry Birnette, the girl they met in the bookstore

'mm...A library date should be fine...'

"Ah, I forgot to ask someone when Shin is gonna graduate and transfer to Exio..."

Ren just sighed and plopped on the bed

He didn't want to think too much today and just slept through the day

When it was late afternoon, Shirlette and Shin finally got back.

It was the same as usual when they had dinner, but the mood of the servants, and especially the Lotriares were very good.

The seemed to be excited about something, but Ren couldn't pinpoint exactly why.

Ren wanted to ask Lero who was beside him, but when he turned to as, Lero was sniffling like a child and mumbling.

"Ah... Look at the boy, he's grown up so much"

"...."

Ren decision to just ask Shin himself tomorrow

••••••

"W-what?" Ren asked again, worried that he heard wrong

Shin sighed

"Are you deaf? I said, next month, I'll be moving to Exio"

'already?! But they didn't seem to be busy with finals, why the fuck is he transferring now??'

As if Shin read his mind, he quickly added

"As nobles, we obvious can't show the fatigue. I'm surprised you didn't notice that everyone was bringing textbooks everywhere."

"How did I not hear anything about it..."

Shin was amused at how this person was in times like these

"Servants and Nobles learn different things."

Ren felt as if he was struck by lightning

'if I fail... I won't even have a chance to follow Shin... If I can't be a Matchmaker I'll die!!! *Sobs*'

Ren was silent the whole ride to Freya

'arrange the date, and study... Oh that's perfect! Haha... Fuck am I gonna die? NO! I have to study'

'I've only been here for two weeks though???'

Shin stopped talking with Aria for a bit and glanced at Ren, who seemed to be spacing out. Probably because of what he said earlier. He was somewhat amused.

After Ren went to his respective class, the teacher announced

"Everyone, as you all know, finals are coming up. This will decide who will and can't go to Exio to accompany their masterd. I suggest you all study your best"

Everyone there was quiet, but were tense after hearing that. It was a big deal for servants to serve in Exio. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

'how am I supposed to do this...I don't want to die...'

"Ah, Ren Civan, please see me in the office right now. Everyone else, study and review your notes."