Be Careful

"Where is that boy." Azyalia mumbles to herself. It was time to start the meeting and Anakin was nowhere to be seen. She then sighed. Maybe she was being too hard on him. He might be spending some time with Padmé...but he usually didn't miss Jedi meetings...so where was he?

Azaylia jumps at the feeling of a hand on her shoulder.
"The meeting is starting." It's Obi-Wan.
"What's this one about?" Azaylia asks as she walks with him.
"The progress of the Outer Rim Sieges." He replies.
Azaylia groaned, "Exciting." Her shoulders drooped a little.

She always hated meetings that seemed like non-stop blathering. Azaylia thought back to what Soreé had said the other day. How she hated long, dull lectures. Her and Soreé had more in common then Azaylia thought.

"It's important Zayli." Obi-Wan chuckles at the women's dramatics.
"I know. But they could make it a little exciting." Azaylia suggests.
"War isn't supposed to be exciting..." Obi-Wan looks down. "Is Anakin coming anytime soon?" He jokes.
"I don't know. I think I saw him going in to talk to Master Yoda but I could be wrong." She shrugs. "I just hope he isn't talking to Palpatine...I don't trust him." Azaylia wraps her arms around herself.
"I'm sure he'll show up." Obi-Wan smiles and the meeting begins.
>>>

"Ani! There you are!" Azaylia exclaims. Obi-Wan turned his head to look at the two while turning off the holo-map.
"You missed the report on the Outer Rim Sieges..." Obi-Wan states.
"It was just filled to the brim with boring stuff anyways." Azaylia whispered to him with a wink. He chuckles quietly.
"I heard that." Obi-Wan glares.
"Oh no! Master Kenobi has caught me in the act! What shall I do?!" She puts a hand to her head and leans back dramatically. Anakin and Obi-Wan both shake their heads at her.
"I'm sorry Master. I was held up. I have no excuses." Anakin says.
"In short," Azaylia starts. "Everything is going good." She flashes a genuine smile.
"Saleucami has fallen, and Master Vos has moved his troops to Boz Pity." Obi-Wan crosses his arms.
"What's wrong then?" Anakin asks.
"The Senate is expected to vote more executive powers to the Chancellor today..." Obi-Wan strokes his beard.
"Well that can only mean less deliberating and more action...is that bad?" Anakin asks. "It will help us stop this war."
Azaylia leans towards Anakin, "You need to be careful around Palpatine...I don't trust him. " She warns him. "He seems very manipulative and-" Azaylia is cut off by the sound of Obi-Wan's voice.
"He's requested your presence."
"What for?" Anakin starts to follow Obi-Wan. Azaylia does as well.
"He would not say." Obi-Wan replies
"He didn't inform the Council? Isn't that a bit unusual?"
"All of this is unusual...I don't have a good feeling about it..." The women mumbles, rubbing the back of her neck.
"It's making me feel uneasy." Obi-Wan says matter of factly.
>>>

"Allow this appointment lightly, the council does not...disturbing is this move by Chancellor Palpatine." Master Yoda nods. Obi-Wan and Azaylia were sitting in the Council room while Anakin stood in the middle.

Azaylia and Obi-Wan were both awarded seats on the Council as well as the rank of Jedi Master around the same time. It was a very proud moment for the both of them. It's been Obi-Wan's dream since he was little and Azaylia would've never expected being awarded a seat on the Council after she'd left the Order for so long.

"I understand." Anakin says.
"You are on this Council but we do not give you the rank of Master." Master Windu says curtly.
Azaylia gives a quizzical look at Obi-Wan. He just looks down.
"What?" Anakin asks. He shifts, looking from Obi-Wan to Azaylia and back to Master Windu. "How can you do this? This is outrageous. It's unfair! How can you be on the Council and not be a Master?" Azaylia can feel the anger rising in Anakin. She lets out a small, quiet nervous laugh and quickly bites down on her lip to stop more laughter from spewing out. The Master's heads snap towards Azaylia, each with weird looks on their faces.

Her nervous laughter will forever be her worst habit. She would do anything to banish it. But of course, it's stuck with her, never letting her be.

"Take a seat, young Skywalker." Master Windu waves to an empty seat, continuing on as if Azaylia's laughter never happened.
"I'm sorry Master." He bows and takes his seat. Azaylia gazes at Obi-Wan. He's shaking his head slightly. Looking at Anakin, Azaylia gives her best look of sympathy.

"We have surveyed all the systems in the Republic but we cannot find any sign of General Grievous." Master Mundi states.
"Hiding in the Outer Rim, Grievous is." Master Yoda clasps his hands together. "The outlying systems you must sweep."
"We do not have many ships to spare." Obi-Wan says.
"What about the droid attack on the Wookies?" Master Mundi asks.

Azaylia grimaced. She hated thinking about innocent creatures being killed by those horrible droids, sent only to kill whatever lays in their path.
"We must send an attack group out there immediately." Master Windu states.
"He's right...it's a system we can't afford to lose." Azaylia chimes in crossing her leg over the other one.
"Go I will. Good relations with the Wookies I have." Master Yoda hums.
"It's settled then." Master Windu says. "Master Yoda will take a battalion of clones to reinforce the Wookiees on Kashyyyk...May the Force be with us all."
>>>

"What kind of nonsense is this?" Anakin storms as the Council meeting was concluded. Azaylia walked behind the pair, quite slowly.
"Put me on the Council and not make me a Master? It's never been done in the history of the Jedi. It's insulting!"
"Oh calm down Anakin. You've been a given a very great honour. To be on the Council at your age, it's never happened before. The fact of the matter is, you are too close with the Chancellor. The Council doesn't like it when he interferes with Jedi affairs." They've stopped at a window so Azaylia was forced to stop as well. She sighs, clasping her hands together under her long cloak. She hated arguments...

"I swear to you I didn't ask to be put on the Council." Anakin says.
"But it's what you wanted. Your friendship with Palpatine seems to have paid off." Obi-Wan states.
"That has nothing to do with this." Anakin replies as they start to walk again. Azaylia mentally groans.

"How much longer to I have to put up with this?"

"The only reason the Council has approved your appointment is because the Chancellor trusts you." Obi-Wan continues.
"And?" Anakin asks.
"Anakin I'm on your side...I didn't want to put you in this situation..."  Anakin stops but Obi-Wan continues to slowly walk. Azaylia comes to realization of what Obi-Wan's about to say.

"Oh no...Anakin's not going to like this..."