Chapter 4: Life's A Mess

Kyra's POV

Finally there was some peace and quiet after two weeks of constant chattering, long sessions of 'how to do this and that' and all the drama.

We only had one night till the wedding reception which would be a grand affair so everyone left the house to give us privacy.

This was not just some ordinary wedding reception. A billionaire was getting married to a Casella. It had to be a wedding reception that'd make history.

It was belated but for the sake of tradition we had to have it and make things officially official in front of everyone.

I had to be taught literally everything from scratch because according to my mom she wouldn't like being embarrassed in front of all reputable people that'd be present.

I had come across Jayden a couple of times downstairs and in the hallways. He had not looked at me even once and whenever I tried to speak to him he just left me there looking stupid.

He was very busy with the preparations. Everyone was. I wonder how he had managed to keep his relationship with Kylie private for two years.

I was bored to death.

Life's so unfair.

When would I ever get the opportunity to be happy and be appreciated for being me? I had to talk to Jayden before the reception. I had to clear up everything and let him know I wasn't his enemy.

After a lot of thought I had decided that he was free to have a relationship with Kylie. I wouldn't stand in his way. I had no right to march into his life and separate him from the love of his life.

I had no right to force him to love me either. I just wanted to start things on a good note and for the first time in years live a peaceful life.

I slipped out of my warm blankets and approached the door. My heart was jackhammering all of a sudden. Guess it wouldn't be that easy after all.

Gathering all the courage in me,I opened the door and made my way out. My face looked calm compared to how stormy my mind was.

The hallway was quiet and empty. I took a moment to appreciate all the details of this mansion. It was a state of the art mansion and literally everything screamed wealth and luxury.

I passed by a familiar bedroom down the hallway that forced painful memories to resurface. The night of our wedding I had woken up to get some water downstairs.

Sounds I heard coming from inside would surely haunt me for life. Kylie was moaning passionately probably every time he hit the right spot.

Whatever they were doing must have been incredible because the moans were constant and totally out of this world.

I quickly got a hold of myself and continued my journey downstairs before my tears would betray me and spill out.

They'd ruin the entire plan. I didn't want to look like a weakling. I wanted to prove to him that I had a brave and strong side too.

I made it to the lounge and then I watched all my strength go down the drain. Lines I had rehearsed the entire week suddenly vanished and fear sat on me like a pillow over my mouth and nose.

Jayden sat on a loveseat with Kylie firmly ensconced in his arms. They looked cozy with matching sweaters on.

Kylie's head lay on Jayden's chest and she was looking up at him while he smiled down at her telling her something which made her giggle giving him an opportunity to steal a kiss. They were so cute that I almost teared up. She was so lucky.