Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Bella's POV:-

"Reception Party?" I scoffed at him as soon as the car started moving out of the crowd, "When did we plan a reception party?"

Caleb just chuckled. He was busy checking his tab as soon as he got inside the car.

"I never asked you to go out with me in High school. It was you all along. Why did you even bother to bring our past in it?" I asked.

"People will buy it more if we have a past. And since we do, why not use it?!" Caleb said still engrossed in his work.

"We never discussed this. We should have discussed what to say infront of the media. And you knew me since childhood? We first talked to eachother at a party where you......"

I bit my lip as recollections of that party fazed my mind. I glanced at Caleb who was now looking at me from the corner of his eyes. His eyes darkened and he looked serious as he asked me, "Did you meet me at Billy's party for the first time?"

"Yes" I looked out of the window, "Worst mistake of my life"

I turn back to look at him and now, he was looking out of the window too. A weary look covered his face, making him look tired and gloomy.

"It was the same for you, isn't it?" I asked.

"Mistake?" He turned to me, "No, it was never a mistake to kiss you, Bella"

I kept staring at him as the words sunk in slowly. I nodded my head again, "No, I meant about the meeting. You met me first time at the party too, wasn't it?"

He kept staring at me a few seconds more before concentrating on his tab again. He muttered a slow response as the car sped towards his penthouse, "No".

------

Twenty minutes later, I was again standing infront of that large digital wall which now had a picture of a different beach. I ignored it and followed him down three steps to the side. The drawing room was exactly the way I had seen last time, with the same old glass jar full of candies.. I ignored that too. Caleb kept walking, and I had to follow him without getting distracted with the candies and those beautiful fishes.. Wait, I saw it.. I saw Nemo.. Oh my god! That fish looked exactly like....

"It's not Nemo" Caleb's voice made my open jaws shut quickly. I looked around to see him standing by my side and having a mischievious grin on his face. How did he know what I was thinking? Did I say it out loud? Shit!

"Ofcourse!" I shrugged trying to be cool, "I knew that. Pfft. Nemo is not the only fish with that orange body and white stripes..."