48th Page: The Battle for Kiten

Castle Town, Kikka

"Did this place get bigger...again?" (Y/N) deadpanned as he, Asta, Charmy, Yami and Finral stood at the entrance to the illustrious Castle Town of the Clover Kingdom.

"Shut up." Yami rolled his eyes, (Y/N) grumbling about Kikka's unstoppable growth every time he visited it.

"Good work, Finral. You can go play until we come back." Yami breathed out a stream of smoke, holding his cigarette between his fingers as his eyes traced the Castle Town.

"What? No fair, I wanna meet the Wizard King, too!" Finral complained, getting a surprised look from the others.

"Wow. Finral wanting to do something OTHER than flirt with girls. Where is the real Finral and what the hell have you done with him?!" (Y/N) pointed at Finral accusingly, staring at him strangely. Finral wasn't able to hold back when it came to flirting with girls...who the heck was this poser?!

Suddenly, however, Finral seemed to go into a thinking pose, before his eyes lit up and he ran away from the group, yelling something about cuties...?

"And there's the Finral we all know." (Y/N) gave a small smirk as he saw his Squadmate run off.

"And love?" Asta asked curiously, staring at the disappearing Finral.

"Don't push it." Yami commented as Finral disappeared into the town. Probably to flirt with girls, if his words were to be taken into account.

The group then traversed through the Castle Town, all the while making small talk along the way. And after a few minutes, the group of four found themselves inside a certain office.

The Wizard King's Office.

"I see..." Julius nodded as he received the latest report from the mission. It seemed the Black Bulls had truly been pushed to the limits this time, some more than others.

"So this Vetto, he was a member of the Third Eye, the strongest of the Eye of the Midnight Sun, then?" Julius repeated, getting a nod from Yami.

"He called himself Vetto the Despair." Yami informed casually, recalling the amount of times he'd heard the word Despair in the last week. Let's just say, it was one too many times.

"I see. We'll send his corpse in for an autopsy, and we'll see to the interrogation of the Eye of the Midnight Sun members you guys managed to capture." Julius seemed to mull over his words, hidden thoughts swimming through his eyes as he recalled the captive and defeated mages. Perhaps, they'd hold some valuable information as to the goals of the Eye of the Midnight Sun.

At the very least, something that would allow them to get one step ahead of them.

Shaking his head, Julius then focused once more on the people before him, particularly on the vertically challenged- I mean small girl of the group.

"Your binding spell is fantastic. The fluff is superb." Julius praised, recalling the binding spell the mages were stuck in. Despite all of their attempts, they couldn't get out of the fluffy prison.

"Who are you?" Charmy asked cluelessly.

"By the way, Yami, is this little one your child? When did you end up with a kid this big?" Julius asked curiously, getting a chuckle from both (Y/N) and Asta. Just the thought of little Yami's running around was kinda scary...

"She's not." Yami denied flatly, deadpanning at the Wizard King.

"Gimme something yummy!" Charmy requested, though Julius only smiled slightly.

"Oh, by the way, Julius, this is the thing we were looking for right?" (Y/N) asked as he reached into his pockets, pulling out an aqua colored stone with a mysterious symbol inscribed upon it. The Magic Stone.