63

By now, Rui Wang was the most infamous person in Jing City. First of all, he was suspected of attacking his didi, and now he was suspected of doing the same to his gege. Such ruthless conduct, disregarding all fraternal duty. Even though it had not been proven, in the eyes of everyone, Rui Wang had now charged with being unfraternal along with being arrogant and domineering.

Qing De Emperor hadn't thought that the two matters would have become intimately connected to three of his sons. He looked at the arrow which had been presented to him by the commander of the Imperial Guards. A beat later, he sighed. Regardless of the truth, Yuan'er wasn't suited to become an Emperor.

"Your Majesty, Shu guifei niangniangrequests a meeting," The chief taijianentered the room and knelt in front of him.

Qing De Emperor stood and walked to the window and saw the woman waiting outside. He closed his eyes as he refused, "Tell Shu guifei to return. Just say that zhen is too busy and cannot see her right now."

A flicker of surprise appeared in the chief taijian's eyes before he instantly recovered. He bowed and retreated. It seemed that the Emperor had lost hope in the Third Highness.

"Guifei niangniang, Emperor is concerned with state matters at the moment so he cannot meet you." The chief steward walked in front of Shu guifei, respectfully announcing, "Please leave."

"Emperor doesn't want to see ben gong?" Shu guifei looked at the wide open door, anger rising up within her. She turned and left, clearly furious at the conduct of the Emperor.

"Respectfully sending Shu guifei niangniang," The chief taijian serenely bent at the waist. He looked on as Shu guifei hurriedly left his view before slowly straightening. A smile, just like any other smile he had given before, appeared on his face. Shu guifei's personality hadn't changed after all these years. But what was she doing by having a tantrum at this time?

Shu guifei came out of the main gate of Tian Qi Palace. Her face had darkened considerably as she entered the step-carriage. Not even the bright sunlight could lighten up her mood.

When Jing guifei met Shu guifei in the Imperial Gardens, she was holding two roses in full bloom. Seeing the ugly expression on the other's face, she smiled as she asked: "Meimei, what has made you so angry?"

"Jiejie seems to be in a good mood," Su guifei snorted, "I see that His Highness Duan Wang's injuries weren't that serious."

"It was the Heavens that protected him," Jing guifei handed the flowers to the palace maid beside her, "I just don't know how the victim feels right now."

Shu guifei smiled coldly. She had always looked down on Wei shi's act, using pretty words to make His Majesty happy. She indicated for the taijian supporting the step-carriage to continue since she had no desire of disembarking.

Jing guifei narrowed her eyes as she saw the procession of Shu guifeileave in a huff. She smiled lazily: "Ben gong loves her temper." Otherwise, how else could she have climbed to such a high position?

Just as everyone assumed that the matter was definitely related to Rui Wang, the Associate Justice Tian da ren gave a report at Court which surprised everyone with its contents.

Tian da ren reported that the Supreme Court had, just three months before Duan Wang was attacked by assassins, received a report from a steward of Rui Wang's property. He said that the mountain had lost a large number of trees. It wasn't very valuable, but to prevent others from having nefarious aims, the steward had immediately notified the Supreme Court.