71

Music produced by females were usually gentle and touching. Qu Qing Ju leaned back against the cushion, her index finger slowly caressing the rim of her tea cup. She watched the flower petals fall on Qu Yue Su's hair. The wind blew and the petals all fell down, displaying a special kind of charm.

Due to the influence of her profession in the previous life, she liked admiring beauties of all types. A plainly dressed beauty, hair flying in the midst of a rain of flower petals, it was a beautiful scene. Even more so when the beauty's music was also pleasing to the ear. .

"The drizzling rains are moisturizing the streets of the capital, the color of grass can be seen far yet not near, it is the best attribute of summer, and definitely wins over the colors of the capital." Qu Yue Su's voice was light as she recited a poem describing the spring. Her fingers stopped moving, leaving behind the perfect ending for the song.

The surrounding people woke up from the music. Some clapped while others gasped. But there wasn't anyone who dared to dampen the spirits by mentioning that this qiewas a daughter of a duke.

"Beautiful person, beautiful song," He Heng played with the wine cup and praised insincerely, "Good."

"To receive a compliment from er ge, that's her good fortune. Qu shi may only be ben wang's cefei, but she is also er sao's meimei. So she can call er ge brother." He Yuan smiled as he raised a cup to He Heng, "The person is beautiful, the wine even more so. Let's have another cup."

Sitting on the right hand side of He Heng, He Ming heard the words and felt that they were strange. He looked at the qie sitting by the qin, and then at er ge, his brow furrowing. Was san ge purposefully trying to humiliate er ge?

"San di is joking," He Heng didn't get angry and smiled instead. He gave a disinterested look at Qu Yue Su, "San di is gracious enough to have your beloved qie to play a song for us, and allow us to see what is meant by the person is beautiful, the song even more so. So it should be er getoasting you." This Que Yue Su might have been a noble lady of a gong fubut now she was in your Rui Wang Fu. You let your woman come out and display herself, it didn't have anything to do with him. If you don't find that embarrassing, what could he be afraid of?

When he finished talking, He Heng turned to look at He Ming and asked: "Si di, don't you think we should toast lao san?"

He Ming showed a confused expression as he raised his cup and smiled sincerely: "Yu di toasts san geand thanks san ge for being so welcoming."

"There's no need to be so polite. Just a qie, she's nothing worth treasuring." He Yuan gritted his teeth as he drank down the cup of wine, the fire roaring inside.

"Haha, san di is very right. Let's drink, let's drink." He Heng laughed as he raised the cup and called for the people seated nearby to drink as well.

Under the pear tree, Qu Yue Su's fingernails pierced her palm. A drop of vibrantly crimson blood fell on the Jiao Wei zither. Her jade-like fingertip roughly wiped away the drop. The index finger swiped at the strings and a harsh "Ambush From Ten Sides" was played.

" 'Ambush from Ten Sides', the murderous intent from all sides, the danger from all sides. Your fu's ce feihas done a good performance," He Gui Nian took a drink of tea and smiled as she looked at the woman playing, "This guniang has brilliant talent and is as beautiful as a flower, and plays such a good zither. No wonder san di desperately wanted to take her into the fu."

What did having so many skills do for her? Wasn't she still shameless for becoming someone else's qie? Qin Bai Lu smiled insincerely at He Gui Nian before her gaze fell onto Qu Qing Ju, "That isn't all. It's not just wang ye, even I usually like listening to her songs. Er sao's meimei is a very rare kind of female."