Training

"What situation?" Anakin asks.

Azaylia had been planning to train Soreé at the time Obi-Wan told Anakin about his new mission. Sadly, she timed it horribly wrong and here she was standing behind them a good distance away.
"I have a bad feeling about this..."

Obi-Wan turned around and bounced on his toes.
"The Council wants you to report on all the Chancellor's dealings...they want to know what he's up to..." Obi-Wan steps towards a window and Anakin follows. Azyalia shuffles closer to the two man, but not too close of course.
"They want me to spy on the Chancellor? That's treason!" Anakin asks, clearly offended.
"We are at war, Anakin." Obi-Wan replies.
"Why didn't the Council give my this assignment while we were in session?" Anakin looks at Obi-Wan.
"This assignment is not to be on record." Obi-Wan shakes his head.
"The Chancellor is not a bad man Obi-Wan. He's befriended me. He's looked out for me ever since I've arrived here."

Azaylia's looks down with guilt. Hasn't she looked out for him enough?

"Maybe I haven't. Maybe I have to try harder.She thought to herself
She definitely didn't want Anakin looking to the Chancellor for help when he needed it. The Chancellor wasn't to be trusted.
"That is why you must help us." Obi-Wan presses. "Anakin our allegiance is to the Senate, not to it's leader who has stayed in office long after his term expired."
"The Senate demanded he should stay."
"Yes but search your feelings Anakin, something is out of place!" Obi-Wan states.
"You're asking me to do something against the Jedi Code. Against the Republic, a mentor and a friend that's what's out of place here." Anakin crosses his arms and turns away from Obi-Wan. "Why are you asking this of me?"
"The Council is asking you."

Azaylia decided to finally walk over. It seems safe enough. She embraces Anakin in a warm hug which her returns.
"Hey, don't worry Ani. You'll be a Jedi Master before you can say Jedi Master!" She comforts him.
"And if you ever need to talk about anything. Absolutely anything at all. Please know I'm here for you. I'm basically your older sister...you can tell me whatever is on your mind." She whispers into his ear.
"Thanks Zayli. That means a lot." He whispers back.
"Now!" Azaylia pulls away from Anakin. "I must go find my Padawan...who knows what troubles she's gotten into."
"Soreé doesn't seem like the type to get into trouble." Obi-Wan chuckles.
"She's changed a lot since she was a youngling Kenobi. She went from shy to talking your ear off in a matter of milliseconds."
"I think her and I would get along quite well." Anakin jokes.
"I bet you two would. You should come and meet her sometime. She would love to meet you both." Azaylia smiles brightly.
>>>

"Soreé be careful...you're too close to the that wall. You'll end up putting a hole in it." Azaylia warns her.
"Sorry Master." Soreé repliés and moves farther away from the wall.

Azaylia had been watching Soreé practice her lightsaber technique. She's doing exceptionally well although Azaylia always has little corrections for her to fix.
"Watch your footwork. It's getting sloppy." She corrects it almost immediately. She then turns off her lightsaber and looks to her Master.
"How was that Master?" She asks with a hopeful face.
"It was great Soreé although, I have a few things..." Azaylia walks over to her. "You need to focus on your footwork more and, when you're twirling the lightsaber, don't flare out your hand so much. You'll lose it if your hand gets hit." Sh advises.
"Yes Master." Soreé bows. "Can we duel? I promise I'll go easy on your since you carrying another human in you." She jokes.
"Being pregnant is not an excuse to go easy on me." Azaylia laughs.
"Yes I know but...I don't want to hurt you." Soreé says softly.
Azaylia smiles, "I'll let you know when you've hurt me."
"But you never do!" Soreé exclaims throwing her arms up.

The two then hear the door open. Azaylia spins to see Obi-Wan.
"Master Kenobi. How nice to see you. Need anything?" She asks.
"Nope. I was thinking about what you said earlier about meeting Soreé. I knew you were training her here so I came. We just finished deploying Master Yoda on Kashyyyk." Obi-Wan states.
"Oh that's good. Where's Anakin?" Azaylia asks, seeming to be full of questions.
"He's...doing just mission." He sighs.
"Ah..." Azaylia looks down for a split second and then glances back up to Obi-Wan. "Well, Master Kenobi meet Soreé Nic'tuk." She wave her hand at her Padawan. Soreé ambles over.
"Pleasure to finally meet you Master Kenobi. I've heard so much about you." She bows.
"Please call me Obi-Wan. I feel Master Kenobi is much to formal." He smiles.
"Master Azaylia and I were just about to duel. Care to watch?"
"I'd love too." Obi-Wan sets down and sets his chin in his hands.

The duel started. Soreé fought well and blocked almost every attack Azaylia gave. Her one fault was her flaring hand. When she twirled her lightsaber the experienced Jedi used the Force to push the Twil'lek's hand. She dropped it. Azaylia outstretched her hand and called the lightsaber too it.
"Shame. You would've won if it wasn't for that hand." The older women teases.
"It's alright I'll just beat you next time." Soreé shrugs.
"Sure you will." Azaylia roll her eyes in her direction.

The two almost forget about Obi-Wan until they heard clapping.
"Very good duel girls." He said. "I was on the edge of my seat the whole time."
"I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not..." Azaylia eyes him with mock-offence.
"Why would I be sarcastic about something like this?" Obi-Wan asked innocently.
Azaylia giggles, "I guess it's just your character."
"Obi-Wan! You and Master Azaylia should duel!" Soreé exclaims. "It would be a learning experience for me since I can watch two Jedi Masters at the same time..." she smiles.

Azaylia hadn't dueled Obi-Wan in a very long time...even after she rejoined the Jedi Order. The last time they dueled was something Azaylia never wanted to remember. But the memory slaps her in the face, creating a fresh wound.

Obi-Wan noticed the women's discomfort.
"You don't have too if you don't want to." He says softly, standing up and brushing himself off.
"No, no. I want to. I want to see just how much you've changed since last time." Azaylia smirks. "Although, I do remember me winning...the...last...time" Azaylia sentence had trailed off. She did defeat him...but what happened after will forever haunt Azaylia.
"Zayli." Obi-Wan quickly grabbed hold of her hands. "You've grown up since then. You're stronger now. You won't repeat what happened years ago." He rubbed his thumbs across the backs of her hands.
"What's wrong Master? What happened years ago?" Soreé asked, her voice laced with curiosity and concern.
"It's between me and Obi-Wan I'm afraid." Azaylia sniffles. Obi-Wan wanted to kiss her, but not before her Padawan.
"You don't have to." He whispered lightly in Azaylia's ear.
"No. I'm doing it. I will not fear." She sets her jaw in a determined fashion. "Alright, Kenobi. Let's see what you're made of." She smirked.

Azaylia ignited her yellow blade and Obi-Wan ignited his blue one. The fight goes on for a long time since the two similar fighting styles and they knew each other's moves. Sparks fly from their clashing blades. It's like they're engaging in a dance but with dangerous weapons capable of slicing limbs off.  Azaylia's breathing starts to become heavy. Obi-Wan's breathing quite heavily too. They both can feel Soreé watch in wonder. The tired Jedi disengage and Obi-Wan turns off his lightsaber. He puts his hands on his knees. Azaylia stumbles backwards and deactivate hers too. She wipes the sweat dripping off her forehead.
"Can—we say—it's—a t-tie?" Obi-Wan asks in between breaths.
"Yeah." She nod trying to regain her breath.
"I'd say we—both—did—exceptional." Obi-Wan steps over and puts a hand on my growing stomach. The baby bump had already started to form.
"Good job my darling." He whispers to Azaylia
"Thank you Ben. You fought well too." She whispers back.

"Well Soreé...how was that?" Azaylia asks the Twi'lek.
Soreé mouth was agape and her eyes were wide.
"Wow! That-that was..." she searches for the right word. "AMAZING!" She jumps up and down. "It was incredible! I've never seen a duel that good in my life!" She exclaims. Rushing over, she gives her Master a tight hug.
"I want to fight exactly like you and Obi-Wan someday." She smiles as she pulls away.
"You'll get there." Azaylia pats her shoulder with a caring touch. "Just watch that hand." She takes it and shakes it in Soreé face. "That's your one weakness."
"I'll work on it." She nods and immediately goes to practice.

Azaylia catches Obi-Wan's eye. He's smiling warmly and his hair is slightly messy from their feet. Their eyes meet, the shining blue getting lost in the bright hazel and vice versa. Azaylia wishes she could kiss him but not in front of Soreé. It would be too risky.

Soreé may have known she was pregnant but she didn't think her Padawan knew about Azaylia's relationship with Obi-Wan. If Soreé did, she hid it real well...

A/N: OH MY GOODNESS!! 146 reads?! And 39 votes?!!! Are you kidding me!! Wow! I can't thank you guys enough! Seeing my reads and votes go up makes me feel like this story is not garbage! Thank you thank you thank you!!!
-B