Dumb Forever~69

-
Only one that I give my time, 'cause I got eyes for you
-

Natural, blissful light spilled over the girl, burning Rin's eyes with the bright, blinding rays of sunshine, but she didn't blink- frozen within the moment

It felt unfamiliar; she had been inside for nearly a month, never permitted to leave the house she had been trapped within, and Chenle was giving her the privilege to take a step into the great outdoors.

Having the ability to just leave felt almost wrong, like at was illegal and thrilling- rather than average and boring, as it would be for most people.

Her eyes were slightly wide, and her smile had partially fallen, but she made no motion to take a single step forward- gawking at the wide world around her.

A tranquil breeze glided over her skin peacefully, rising goosebumps upon her porcelain skin as her heartbeat ceased all movement, time refusing to move onwards.

Her breath hid within her throat, refraining from entering her lungs, and declining the concept of exiting her lips.

Courtesy to the wind, wisps of Rin's flowing hair caressed her cheeks, and her oversized shirt began to ripple subtly- summoning shivers to crawl up her spine.

Overhead soared the endless, blue sky, accompanied by a dozen puffy clouds that resembled cotton candy, drifting carelessly over a sea of currents, unbothered by the world below.

Chenle wordlessly released himself into the chilly atmosphere of the morning, expecting to see Rin follow him, but found himself being accompanied by nothing but air, causing him to turn around.

Just inside of the doorway, Rin stood motionlessly as her small, holdable hands clung to the sides of Chenle's borrowed shirt, pulling it closer to her body in a subconscious attempt to formulate heat.

His eyebrows drew together, hesitant to speak as his uncommonly soft eyes wandered over her body, wondering what was going on in her mind.

Chenle could sense her emotions; feel all of her pain, but he could never comprehend what wars fought within her mind, nor could he ever know what jumbled sentences drifted through her brain- engulfing her completely.

All he could feel from his soulmate was confusion- as if she couldn't understand the idea of leaving, or, perhaps, why Chenle was letting her exit.

Maybe she didn't know why she was bemused herself.

"Rin?" He muttered, eyes trained on the girl.

As if startled out of a trance, Rin jumped, eyes darting around before they landed on Chenle.

But she didn't speak for a moment, and instead listened to the pounding of her own heart, observing the way it raced tenfold whenever she glanced at Chenle. Rin's stomach became a hurricane of nervousness, and she swallowed dryly, finding that all forms of moisture had abandoned her throat the moment the door had creaked open.

She was his prisoner, and that was the blatant truth.

And now, Rin had been given a taste of freedom, even if she hadn't left the clutches of NCT Dream's home.

It shook her to her core, and at first, she didn't know how to react, frozen within her shoes as she stared into the tranquil morning, wondering how long she would be able to experience a paradise like this.

Rin had been given now, but she wanted more than just a small vacation; she had realized she wanted more- she yearned for a life on the outside.

Like a bird who's wings had been clipped, she felt restrained, and she longed to be released into the calm winds of the day- coexisting with strangers and allies alike, rather than enemies and dangerous newcomers.

Although unnoticeable to the untrained eye, Rin's hands had begun to shake as adrenaline began to mix with her blood, seeping through her veins and flowing throughout her body.

Quivering subtly, Rin's eyes locked on Chenle's- gulping down her anxiety as she began to build up the courage to say her next words.

"Am I free?" She whimpered, and her voice was barely above a whisper, nearly inaudible.

Taken aback by the sudden question, Chenle tensed- paralyzed under her gaze as his brain began to dash at speeds beyond human comprehension, shoulders rising as eyes steadied on the girl.

In all honesty, Chenle didn't know how to respond.

But of course, he knew that a simple 'I don't know' wouldn't suffice as a valid answer, so his mind scrambled in search of a way to avoid the question, or, at least, something to ease her rapid mind.

Lips pressing into a thin line, Rin's eyes welled with anxiety as she watched him hesitate- nervous beyond all measure as she impatiently awaited a reason to lose hope, of to gain it.

Rin's eyebrows were furrowed, and the relentlessly stabbed the palms of her hands with her nails, forming small crescent moons into her skin, ignoring the pain that such a nasty habit caused.

"Chenle?" She squeaked, pitch rising as she spoke with the upmost uncertainty.

Yet he didn't respond, eyes fixated on her as he viciously thought, but no perfect answer had become apparent in his situation- causing his dilemma to grow.

You could almost see this thoughts bulge from his brain as he assessed the advantages and losses of either option, trying to deduce which was the better option- a simple 'yes' or a cold 'no.'

Heart pounding in her ears, Rin let out a hopeless sigh, feeling a large crater of nothingness form within her chest.

"I'm not, am I?" She mumbled, feeling her heart shatter with ever syllable she pronounced.

Watching her intricately, Chenle didn't confirm nor deny her assumption, and just observed her reaction- as if he was using it as a variable to deduce if he was going to make her words a reality.

Desperation causing her mind to drone irrationally, Rin's eyes flickered towards the large, empty street around her, stomach lurching within her.

Seeing it as an opportunity, Rin began to run.

I really want to write the next chapter

But my sleep schedules fucked

And it's extremely early😔

See you in a few hours😔✌️