7.

*Unedited*

Pain and dread. This two emotions was overflowing within her in termoils, squeezing her chest and leaving her gasping for oxygen. She tried to bring back her breathing to normal but she could not.

She sat there on the terrace in a dark corner, knees tightly pressed against chest, her eyes brimmed with tears and a overwhelming sorrow consumed her. She wanted to scream, fight this bone crushing sadness but no sound left her. She trembled beneath the unknown pressure and once in a while whimpers and sobs surpassed her dry lips.

~

After  destroying the whole room, he left the room in more rage than before.

Now details of his wedding start to float in his mind, that why bride was veiled in all photographs and how after party and dinner was cancelled. He wouldn't object that time because it was not unusual for a bride to be veiled in weddings. Plus Aunt Mandira used an old superstitious excuse to prevent the bride from being seen.

He couldn't object her in the middle of the ceremony, so he went through it. But now he was more angry on himself than others. He couldn't believe this happened. Sophia ran away and he was married to a strange girl.

Sounds fucking perfect, no?

His parents was trying to keep it a secret from him or from others and they did very well.

Another urge to punch something or rather someone crossed his mind and his fists tightened. He climbed the stairs in huge leaps. He need to clear his mind. No way, he would let the situation affect him.

When he reached the top, cold breeze caressed his face and he sighed loudly.
He closed his eyes and let the cool wind embrace him and urge himself to not dwell in any thoughts. He made his way towards the railing and a flashback of that night crossed his mind but he swept that aside. He want to forget about that girl.

He rather watched the dark fading away and the sky started to litter with deep blue shades and orange splinters implying that the morning was near. Soon, rays of sunlight pierced the dark and the sun started to slowly rise himself above the sea horizon in glowing red-orange ball from dark deep blue ocean.

The dark night was over.

He started to lose himself in serenity of the nature when sobs and whimpers reached his ear and he turned in that direction. He missed them earlier because of his inner termoil but now when he was calm he can't avoid the distant sound of undeniable agony.

When he reached the sound he stilled for a minute. He still felt hostility towards the girl who came in his life like this but he refused to made any haste decisions in anger.

He sat in front of the sobbing ball drapped still in that wedding dress. He was sure she sensed his presence because she stopped sobbing and curled herself tighter. He was at loss for the words.

"Get up," at last he said not wanting to prolong the moment of hesitation.

"Didn't you hear me, get up, now." He stood up straight and glared at her. When she didn't showed any attempt of complying, he held her arms and yanked her up. She tried to freed herself from her grasp rapidly and when he let her go, she swayed. So he grabbed her again, gently this time.

"Stand still woman or else I will throw you down this boundary," he sensed his threat worked because she stilled. She hung her head low refusing to meet his eyes. His anger flared on her shameless display of weakness. This girl can't be his wife he mentally declared.

"Look at me," he said in a hard undertone, but his eyes softened when he gazed in teary black eyes.

Her tear stained face glowed in orange sunlight. Even when her makeup was all over the place and her state disheveled he can sense the beauty underneath. Something tugged at his heart.

"You are not my wife get that. I didn't know that I was marrying you. You are not more than the stranger who will be sharing my house space with me for next one year and after that I will divorce you. So, stop crying and playing the victim card here." He already gave into his anger, but the anger was more on the fact that he felt something for this stranger girl, who turned his life upside-down.

"Now, I don't want anyone to think that I did something to get you into this state. Go and change, we will be leaving in few hours. If you don't wanna come, it's okay with me. But if you will be late, I will leave you behind. Your choice." He searched her face for answer but she just stared at him which creeped him out. He instinctively let go of her arms and she swayed again.

He caught her in time. Her whole weight dropped in his arms. She passed out on him. Great. He didn't know what to feel.

He sighed and lifted her bridal style and made their way downstairs.

*****