Chapter 2

Kneel Before The King

Chapter 2

Sinful it may be

.•*•.

Bodies of my guards scatter the field around my tent, blood seeps everywhere and it pains everything that it touches crimson red. Fighting around makes my heart speed up. Fighting between my guards and men who wear the uniform of the kingdom that we're going to. Delilah runs over to me. "Your highness, go back to your tent" She says and pushes me inside but I can see how frightened she is and my face must match hrs in fear. Each time I close my eyes I see their bodies and now I can hear their screams.

They echo throughout my mind and never seem to disappear even when everything goes silent out there. Delilah and I have been hugging each other in the furthest corner of the tent and keeping ourselves quiet even when we are about to break down. This cannot be happening. The world goes silent. No screams, no swords meeting each other. No sound comes to ears but the sound of my own fast breaths and my heartbeat pounding within my chest as I hold fast onto Delilah. The water is forming in my eyes yet I must remain strong.

I must. I cannot break now. A Princess does not break and she does not cry while others can see. She is strong and fights back the tears. Gasping when the tent opens and a man steps inside. A man dressed in the colors of the kingdom we're traveling into and his armor is coated in blood that leaks down onto the tent itself. I gulp when he stands there. "Princess Cora, his Royal Majesty, has request we take you to him" The man speaks, his voice so deep that it could resemble the Devil down below in his dark kingdom.

Slowly I stand up and wait for him to bow for it is custom for all guards to always bow before Royalty even when they are from different kingdoms. "Is there proof of this request?" I ask with my head high. When my tears wish to break through I do not allow them to. He takes a parchment from his pocket and hands it to me. Breaking the Royal seal I open it and read what it says. Nodding, I give it back to him. "We shall leave at first light" I speak to him and dismiss him yet he does not leave.

I don't dare to look at the blood on him nor his face as I cannot see anything but his eyes who I can barely see. "The King requested for right away. Come!" He harshly speaks yet before I could demand why his King would do such ridiculous things he has left the tent. "Your Highness, we must leave with them. The King owns this land and we are ordered to follow what he says, we cannot disobey him when you are not wed yet" She tells and I nod my head at her.

Knowing that she is right for now all I must do is make sure that the King does like me so we can wed and my kingdom will be safe and it will have gold. After we are wed it does not natter what I do. "We cannot go outside this tent, we cannot see what is behind these doors yet we are ordered to go. A Princes shall never see horrors such as these" I tell her yet my excuses are terrible and we both know it. She sighs as she walks to the door and goes outside to the horrors that await me.

"Come, Your Highness" She speaks, assuring me that all is safe to go outside. Taking a deep breath I keep my head high and my eyes too and walk out of the tent behind her. I don't look down, I keep my gaze locked on the starlit sky and the beauty up there. Yet I can smell the tainted scent of blood that I now can never forget. Walking to the guards that stands there by my carriage. I walk over there and when I have stopped only one bows before me as he reaches with his hand out for me to take.

Gently nodding to him I take his hand as he does not look as bad as the other ones. He helps me into the carriage but I felt him slip something into my hand while doing so and I flash him a gaze yet that is short-lived as he takes his hand away yet leaves the note that I believe he left for me. He helps Delilah into the carriage too before he closes the door and not even when she has sat down the carriage moves and we are off into the night.

"That guard gave me this" I tell her as I unfold my palm to see there is a small note as I had suspected. It does not bear a seal of any kind and I wonder if he had gifted it to me himself or if it came from a higher power than he. "Shall I read it for you?" She asks me. "No, I believe I have to. This was meant for me, despite how the sinful secrecy it presented to me" I tell her and she nods her head and lightly bows it to. I open the letter and begin reading it.

Not much is written on it. "He speaks that he wishes to apologize for what he has done and wishes to meet me soon. It is signed as the guard by the carriage" I tell her and she gives me a confused look. "What would a guard or a knight have to do with a Princess such as yourselves. Perhaps they believe you to do the sin before marriage. You cannot meet him, Your Highness, you are to be wed to a King and we mustn't ruin that" She tells me yet I believe I have to do this, despite how sinful it will be. He has something to say to me and I must hear him out.