12. Casino

Arianna De Luca

"Get dressed, Aria. We're going to a casino tonight." Dario said as he entered our room.

Ever since I said I don't like being called 'Aria', he's hell-bent on calling me just that. No offence to anyone named that. It's just that, when I was in middle school I had a friend named Aria who used to bully me and since then I don't like hearing someone call me it.

It's been a month since I fell unconscious and ever since he's been so very careful of me. We even visited my father and Alicia in Sicily. After some persuading from my and Alicia's side, dad agreed to meet Oliver, Alicia's boyfriend. After a few more meetings, dad agreed to get them married. She's now engaged and even moved in with him at his home back in America. They're getting married in year's fall, five months from now.

"Dario, how many times have I told you I don't like being called that." I said with a pout keeping my book on the bedside. He smirked and sat in front of me on the bed. He grabbed my waist and pulled me onto his lap in a way I was straddling him. He nuzzled his head in the crook of my neck, placing light kisses there. A subtle moan escaped my mouth as I closed my eyes relishing the feeling of his lips on my skin. We've been intimate with each other this month but haven't done it yet. I'm not really ready.

"I love how your ears redden when you get angry." He said and briefly kissed my earlobe before slowly returning back to his torture on my neck. I mentally rolled my eyes and pulled away.

"At what time are we leaving?" I questioned, looking into his eyes.

"You gotta get dressed before 8." I nodded my head and got off his lap. A slight pout formed on his lips making me giggle. I poked his cheeks and said, "You look so cute." His eyes widened in shock and he shook his head sideways.

"Did you just call me 'cute'?" He asked in an 'I-don't-believe-this' voice. I chuckled and said, "mm-hmm," He scrunched up his nose playfully and tried to get up from the bed to grab me but I ran and hid in the walk-in closet. Dario was about to enter behind me but he stopped in his stride, hearing the knock on the door.

He opened the door and I followed him out of the closet. Mia entered the room along with two other ladies. Both of them were dressed in uniforms which looked like they belonged to a salon or something.

"Ahh... Aria, I asked Nina to send them here." He said and pulled me towards him by my shoulder. "They'll be helping you to get ready for tonight. A lot of my business acquaintances are going to be there and it's really important for my company that we look our best. They're trustworthy and professional. I'm sure they'll do a great job on you. Not that you need it." He whispered the last sentence in my ear and kissed it. A slight blush spread on my cheeks and I lightly nudged him.

"Okay, so I'll be in my office downstairs if you need me." He said and kissed my cheek before walking out of our room.

"Shall we begin, Mrs. De Luca?" Mia asked and I nodded.

We started with wax first. It pained and I let out a few screams here and there but the women were gentle in what they were doing. They then started on my facial. I had a face pack and face scrub.

After I washed my face and was done with getting steam, they worked on my blackheads. There weren't many luckily and we quickly moved on to plucking eyebrows. I won't lie that hurt more than the waxing.

Mia bought some dresses out for me to select while the women were doing my manicure and pedicure. We initially finalised a blue mermaid gown but when I tried it on, it didn't really look like something one would wear to a casino.

I tried on couple of other dresses and finally settled on a red cocktail dress. It ended up to my mid thighs. It had ruffled sleeves which ended below my elbows.

After finalising my dress, I went and quickly had a shower. I shampooed my hair, applied some conditioner and used my normal shower gel. I dried myself, getting out of the shower and slipped on my undergarments. I put on my dress and walked outside of my closet.

As I sat on my vanity, they started working on my hair. We kept it brushed open side-parted. And after about another 20 minutes, I was completed ready with my makeup too. I decided to carry a silver clutch to match my silver pumps.

"You're looking absolutely stunning, Donna." Mia complimented and I replied with a small, "Thank you,".

Just then a man servant knocked on the door and informed me that Dario's waiting for me in his study. I nodded and turned around to thank the three ladies inside my room. "Thank you so much, all of you." Mia smiled and bowed before me as did the other two.

I descended downstairs and went to Dario's study. I punched my finger print and walked inside and the sight in front of my eyes, knocked the air out of my lungs.

Dario was standing at the head of the long table. He was going through some files and looked up at me as he heard me enter.

He was wearing a simple white shirt which was tucked-in in a pair of light wood coloured brown pants. The first two buttons of his shirt were undone, giving me a peek into his muscular chest. He stood tall and walked towards me, easily towering me. A smirk grazed his features as he saw me checking him out and I diverted my eyes from his alluring self.