( 𝟎𝟑𝟗 ) introducing the governor

—  ZOE WAS SOMEONE THAT ALWAYS PUT her friends and family first, no matter what happened to her, so that's why she never gave up the location of the prison to Merle, in fear that he would tell whoever he was with, and they would instantly head ove...

—  ZOE WAS SOMEONE THAT ALWAYS PUT her friends and family first, no matter what happened to her, so that's why she never gave up the location of the prison to Merle, in fear that he would tell whoever he was with, and they would instantly head over to the prison and hurt her family. She felt awful, of course, that Merle hadn't been reunited with his brothers, but after all, she and Glenn had told him that they would let them know his location and they could come out and see him, but he just wouldn't budge. It's why Zoe became suspicious of Merle, and eventually agreed with Glenn that they shouldn't give the prisons up.
So, she currently sat in a large empty room, with nothing but a table and the uncomfortable chair that she was sitting on, in silence, not letting out where the prison was. The only person she had seen come into the room so far, was some random man with a bulletproof vest on, and for that reason alone, she knew these guys were armed and ready, so she would never give up her family's whereabouts. She was terrified, obviously - she was in a strange place alone, away from her family, and she didn't even know where Glenn was currently being held. She was anxious.

She sat in her chair, picking at her fingernails as she waited for whatever was waiting for her, preparing herself for what was about to come. She didn't know who ran this place, but if the man was worse that Merle, then she was in trouble - who would kidnap two people just for the fun of it? It didn't make any sense and nor did she even want to try to understand any of this, it was all too much. Zoe missed her family already, she missed her dad, brother and Nate the most, and she couldn't help but wonder what they were doing right now - did they know that she and Glenn were gone? Did they know that they were in trouble? How would they, when no one had been able to go back and warn them? She hoped they wouldn't think they're dead..

The girls thoughts were interrupted, when the door to the large empty room opened, revealing Merle, with what looked like slight guilt on his face, for whatever reason, she had no idea. She had heard the murmers from him and Glenn from the other room, but she couldn't understand what they were saying, as the walls weren't thin enough, so she couldn't make out the words.
Zoe looked up at Merle, hiding her fear so she didn't reveal anything to him in case he was to tell his leader where the rest of their group were. Merle didn't say anything as he dragged a chair in, the only sound being the scraping on the floor like some sort of horror movie.

Merle sat down on the opposite end of the table, sighing as he did so. "Zoe." He stated, "Zoe, Zoe, Zoe." He sighed. Zoe watched with a confused look on her face, wondering why he was talking to her like that, "The girl who used to obsess over my baby brother." Merle tutted, clicking his tongue against the top of his mouth. Zoe didn't know what to say, she didn't like the fact he was talking about Nate and how she used to look at him back in Atlanta, and she didn't even know why he was bringing up Nate. Did he want to embarrass her? Since there was no way he could possibly know that the two of them were together right now. She didn't answer him, instead, she stayed silent, looking at the table between herself and Merle - afraid to look up at him in case she revealed anything. Merle saw this and smirked, knowing that he was getting under her skin, and that it was pretty easy to do so. "Where's the prison?" He asked her.
The girl shook her head, still not looking up at the man - she couldn't do it, she couldn't give up her family, no matter how much Nate popped into her head. He would obviously want to see his brother, and so would Daryl - but they didn't know who the leader to this place was, so who knew what they were capable of? "I really want to help you out here, girlie." Merle carried on, "You don't want the govoner coming in here." He said, causing Zoe to finally look up in confusion.