6 Crush Pt 3/3

5 years later

It was finally time for you to go back to Corona since you weren't a child anymore. You were 19 now and Clara was 23.

You had been training everyday since you moved because you didn't want to get rusty. If anything, you've gotten better and was ready to pursue your dream of becoming a royal guard in Corona.

You were in the wagon for a few hours. 'ughhh I forgot how long this ride was the first time,' you yawned and slowly closed your eyes. Your horse, h/n, neighed loudly to wake you up. You jumped up. "Chilllll."

When you finally got to the castle, you saw Rapunzel and Eugene right outside waiting for you. You jumped off your horse and ran into their arms without a beat. "I MISSED YOU GUYS!" You exclaimed. "WE MISSED YOU SO MUCH TOO," Rapunzel teared up, tightening her grip.

You guys let each other go, but you and Rapunzel still held hands.
"You've gotten so big!" Eugene said looking at you like a proud father. "Thanks, 5 years out of Corona can do all lot to ya," you joked.

Rapunzel glanced somewhere behind you, then let go of your hands. "Speaking of growing up, I think Corona's most trusted engineer has matured a lot since you left," she smirked, gesturing her head as if saying "look behind you."

You were pretty confused, but still turned around. A boy, no, young man, was walking toward the castle, with a face you could recognize from a mile away, just more matured now. It felt like time slowed down and Cupid just shot you with his arrow again. That feeling that almost faded, was back and stronger than ever.

You hesitated for a second, given that the last time you had seen the ocean eyed boy, he was insane. But you couldn't help but run up and hug him.

"Huh? Uh do I know you?" he said confused. You looked up at him straight into his eyes and said "ham sandwiches for breakfast."

His jaw dropped.

"Y/N?! OH MY GOD ITS YOU! ITS REALLY YOU! You look so much more grown," he picked you up and spun you around. "I could say the same for you!" You both laughed.

"Last time we seen each other in person, I'd probably be the one able to pick you up," you chuckled. "And we were also the same height," he said, patting you on the head. You glared at him. "Point taken," he said, quickly taking his hand off your head before you were able to do any damage to it.

"Speaking of the last time we saw each other," you said, walking into the castle, "seems like a lot of things have happened since I left."

"Yeah...definitely. I might have to tell you sometime," Varian winked at you, opening the door to the guest room reserved for him.

"You better."

You laid down on Varian's lap while he sat upright with a book in his hand. "You know," he paused, "that's the dress you wore when I told you...I liked Cass." You looked at your sleeves, he was right. It didn't fit as loose as it used to, but it was still comfortable. Suddenly, you came to a realization. "Wait...where's your girlfriend anyway?"

Varian chuckled, "One, she's not my girlfriend, I don't like her like that anyway. Two, she left Corona to go find her Destiny."

You raised one eyebrow "deep....But I thought she wanted to be Captain of the guards." He shook his head "Not anymore, Eugene is Captain of the guards."

"Okay, when you update me, you have to include everything," you say with wide eyes. Varian smiled.

He looked nervous too. "You remember the last time we saw each other?" Varian asked slowly. "Yeah, other than it was horrible what about it?"

"You know when you said everything about hating that you...loved me?" Varian asked.

Your cheeks went red. You didn't say anything, just nodded your head to say "keep going"

"I love you too," he said quieter.
Your eyes dilated. "What?"
"I love you Y/n! IVE LOVED YOU SINCE WE WERE 12 AND BROUGHT YOU HAM SANDWICHES FOR BREAKFAST. IVE LOVED YOU SINCE I WAS DUMB ENOUGH TO TELL YOU I LIKED CASSY! IVE LOVED YOU SINCE I BROKE YOUR HEART....Ive loved you forever, but didn't realize it until you broke down in front of me. But by the time I had the chance to tell you, it was too late and you were gone," Varian took a breath.

You were stunned. But after processing it, you smiled up at him, pulled him close and kissed his cheek. He turned red.

"That's all I ever wanted to hear. And don't worry, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon."

A/n: that was it! I hope that was a satisfying ending for you. Remember, a story doesn't always have to end with a passionate kiss on the lips.

Until next time

-Clementine