XXXV

Xavier parked the car in the public carpark, checking his phone quickly to make sure that it wasn't on silent, just in case Noah needed to contact him about the pack. Ever since Jude's stunt the other week, Xavier had been a worried wreck whenever we left the pack for more than ten minutes. I couldn't blame him, but it was certainly taking its toll on him.  

"Look at that couple over there." I snickered, "I'm pretty sure that level of PDA is against the law."

"Uh, Cameron..." Xavier shot me a bewildered look, "That's Heather and Mike."

"Fuck off, no way!" I exclaimed, scrambling closer to get a look.  

I couldn't see much in the dark, but now that Xavier had mentioned it, it actually was the two of them. Mike had Heather pressed up against a wall, a cigarette still burning in her left hand while they made out. This was who she left her boyfriend for? So much for not pursuing...

A devilish grin spread across my face as a plan formulated. I reached over to Xavier's side of the car again and hit the car horn twice, startling the two of them. Heather dropped her cigarette in a puddle and they both jumped forwards, hitting their heads against each other as they tried to scramble apart. 

"You're evil." Xavier chuckled, watching the two of them turn bright red and try to compose themselves. 

I climbed out of the car and waved innocently to the pair, smirking. Once Heather realised it was me, her embarrassed look twisted into one of rage and she marched towards me while scowling. I held up my hands, surrendering, but she ignored me and hit my chest as hard as she could- which I barely even felt. 

"That was totally unnecessary, Cam." Heather seethed, fixing her skirt, which had been hitched up during the make out sesh. 

"Fair play, Mike. I didn't think you had it in you." I teased, receiving another glare from Heather.

"She said I'm better in bed than you, so take that." Mike shot right back, making me burst out laughing. 

"I did not!" Heather scolded him, making me laugh harder.

"Looks like I'm the reigning champ, Mike." I shrugged smugly, "How does it feel living in my shadow?"

"Very funny, Cameron." Heather's voice was dripping with sarcasm, "Heather and Mike are together, ha ha- very funny. Now that the joke's old, why don't you introduce us to your boyfriend?" 

"Somebody hit a nerve." I teased, "Anyway, this is Xavier. You already know all about him, so I'll skip the pleasantries."

"Just so you know, I played no part in the beeping of the horn." Xavier apologised, "It's lovely to meet you." 

"I hadn't expected you to be such a gentleman. I'm shocked, who knew that Cameron could have taste?" Heather got her own back at me, shooting me a glare. 

"Everyone else should be inside if you want to follow me." Mike offered warmly, leading the way inside the pub and to our usual table. 

"Can we expect a shit show like last time again?" Heather jested, slipping into the booth on the opposite side to Mike.

I may be a dickhead, but I wasn't a total dickhead. If Heather didn't want the others knowing, then I wasn't going to out her for fun- that would just be rude of me.

"I mean, I hope not." Xavier chuckled nervously, sitting next to me. 

"This is Xavier." Heather announced to the group, gesturing to him with a flourish.

"God I wish he was single." Fred remarked, complimenting Xavier.

I shot him a playful glare, keeping my possessiveness at bay so that I didn't ruin the fun. I was getting better at controlling the emotions that Xavier made me feel, which was a relief because I couldn't keep snapping at anyone who thought that Xavier was attractive- it's inevitable, since  he's the hottest guy on earth.