Dutch Van der Linde: Agent

Dutch Van der Linde X Female Reader

Summary: Being an agent with the Pinkerton Detective Agency wasn't all it cracked up to be, at least not for you. Then you came face to face with Dutch Van der Linde and things only got more complicated. Why of all people did the two of you have to have an eye for each other.

Word Count: 5500

You rode up to the camp that you had located a short while back, knowing what you were getting into but still not taking your gun in hand. Riding down the dirt path, keeping your guard up, you were interrupted by a man with a rifle.

"What you doin' here?" the man asked, a warning in his tone, his gun at the ready.

"I'm not here to cause trouble" you assured him as you brought your horse to a halt. "I just want to speak with Dutch Van der Linde...will you take me to him?" you asked, trying not to come across as hostile.

"...I guess" the man nodded but was clearly suspicious, though you guessed he would probably get into some trouble if he just shot you down rather than taking you to Dutch. So that was probably a good thing for you. "Get off the horse" he ordered and you nodded, dismounting the horse. "Get walking" he pressed the barrel of his rifle against the back of your shoulder, encouraging you to walk.

You nodded again before walking forward, keeping your hands raised slightly to show that you weren't going to reach for a gun. A thought crossed your mind that he should have asked for your weapons, but you weren't about to undermine him when he had a gun pointed at you.

Finally he was leading you straight into the Van der Linde camp, a few people already looking over curiously.

"Dutch!" the man, who had a gun trained on you, called. Now everything was looking, wondering what he was shouting about.

The other members of the gang clearly recognised your uniform and were starting to gather round, trying to make you feel outnumbered.

"Mr Williamson, what is going on here?" a dark haired man asked as he stepped into the circle that the gang had created. You took in his appearance and smiled a little, this was definitely Dutch Van der Linde...and he was more attractive than his wanted posters.

"Found her sneaking around outside the camp" the man, Bill, informed him.

"I wasn't sneaking around, I was riding here. He asked me to dismount my horse so he could bring me here" you corrected him. "I'm Y/n L/n. An agent with the Pinkerton Detective agency" you introduced yourself, holding your hand out for him to shake. But you saw how some members of the gang glanced around, as if they were looking for more agents that could be hiding. "I came alone. I promise" you assured them truthfully.

"Well that's awfully confident of you, Miss L/n" Dutch hummed as he shook your hand.

"Agent" you corrected him.

"Of course. My apologises, agent L/n" Dutch nodded, making you smile politely. "Do you believe that I'm just going to walk out of here with you?" he asked, figuring that's why you were here in the first place.

"Of course not. I'm not stupid. If I came here with the intention of arresting you, well I wouldn't have come here in the first place. I would've waited until you were out of your camp with less guns around, and I would have brought more agents with me. I am simply here to talk" you told him, certainly catching him by surprise.

"To talk?" Dutch asked, clearly suspicious.

"Yes. To talk. We can do it here in front of your men or somewhere private. I don't mind which" you offered.