CHAPTER 56

Stars are just big rocks in space that shine in the dark night. So, don't worry if you feel like a rock now, it's morning, you just have to wait for your dark night.

'Wait, What!?' Jian looks at her friend in disbelief, 'But why?' Aina asks. Afza shakes her head and asks, 'What you are saying is, you haven't told Aayan yet that you love him?' Ruhee nods her head. The girls were seated inside their college cafeteria, and Ruhee had just told them that she hasn't told Aayan yet, that she loves him. Her friends stare at her in disbelief, 'It's hard.' Ruhee whines to them, 'It's just three simple words, "I love you.", how come haven't said it yet?' Jian asks, 'I'll say the same thing when it's your time and you think it's hard.' Ruhee says, glaring at Jian, 'Has he told you?' Afza asks, and Ruhee shakes her head, 'You both are getting officially married soon, and you haven't even confessed yet? Are you people dumb?' Aina bursts out.

Everyone stares at Aina. Aina is not the type to lose her cool so easily, but this was a really big deal for her. Jian places her hand on Aina's shoulder and says calmly, 'Aina, calm down.' Aina breathes heavily but calms down soon, 'It's not like I don't wanna tell him, it's just, I never got the right moment to.' Ruhee in a low voice, looking at her glass of juice, 'Okay, everyone, Calm down. It might be just three words for us but for her, it's a whole different feeling. So we need to be patient with her.' Afza says to everyone, and they all nod along with Ruhee. Afza holds Ruhee's hands and says, 'Listen Ruhee, You have to tell him. You are meeting him today after college, and it will be the best timing, okay?'

'I was wondering if I really do have to tell him.' Ruhee says, and Afza's grip on Ruhee's hand losens, 'I mean, we are getting married, officially. So, he must already know that I love him, right?' Ruhee finishes and looks up at her friends to find then staring at her. Jian clears her throat and gets up from her seat, which was opposite of Ruhee, to go and stand behind her, 'Oww!!' Ruhee exclaims massaging the back of her head, 'What was that for?' she asked Jian, as she just smacked her head, 'Listen here lady, you are going to tell him, and you are telling him today. Is that clear?' Jian says, keeping her hands on her hips, 'Yeah, If not, I am gonna personally have you executed.' Aina adds, 'I think that's to harsh.' Afza says, and Aina and Jian turn to glare at her at the same time, which causes her to shut up in fear. They look back at Ruhee and say together, 'Are we clear?' Ruhee just nods her head vigorously, not to provoke them, 'Good.' They say again, and Jian sits beside Ruhee, 'So, have you heard that Janice is committed?' Aina asks, getting back to her soft mood, as they start chatting again, like they just hadn't threatened Ruhee. Ruhee smiles and looks at her friends.

How did I get so lucky?

College was done and the girls had just walked out the gate. They looked around, for any sign of Aayan's driver and they literally, saw a sign. A guy dressed in a white drivers uniform stood before a black sedan holding a sign board that read "Ruhee Shariff" in bold. Jian closer to Ruhee's ear and asked, 'Did you not tell Aayan to pick you from in front of your college and not the airport?' Ruhee let's out a heavy sign and walks towards the driver with her friends. She stands before him and asks, 'Did Aayan send you?' she asks, and he nods his head. She also nods her head and says to him, 'I am Ruhee Shariff. You can put this board down now.' So he does. He opens the passenger door for her to get in. She turns to her friends and says, 'Bye. Wish me luck.' They hug her and send her off, as if she is going on "Mission Impossible." Ruhee gets inside the car and the driver closes the door. He gets in the driver's seat, and drives away.

Ruhee pulls out her mobile from her bag and texts Aayan.

Ruhee - I am on my way.

And with in a second, she got her reply.

Husband - Okay. See you soon.

Ruhee smiles at the text and looks out the window. Ruhee was very happy and excited to see Aayan, but she was even more excited to confess to him, and also slightly nervous. She didn't know how he would react. Thanks to her father and her friends, Ruhee had realised that she had fallen in love with him, and the moment she did, she wanted to tell him, but ended up asking him to permanently be her husband. She wanted to say "I love you" instead of "I chose you" but it turned out for the best. They were officially getting married now, so she figured she had many more chances to tell him.