Chapter Twenty-One

Elliot's POV

A couple weeks have passed by and I couldn't stay away from her. We've taken the time to get to know each other. We've gone on a couple of dates and were getting along well with one another. Endless nights at the beaches watching the stars, studying together at the library. We've done almost everything with each other. After that night she didn't question my behavior, she let it go and I appreciate it. Whenever I'd feel down she'd be there to cheer me up and I couldn't help but feel like a burden. I haven't had a single episode and I'm afraid that I'll have one and I won't be able to control it.

Right now we were on a hot air balloon. My arms wrapped around her as I pulled her close by me. I felt happy and it has been awhile since I've felt happy. I kissed the side of her forehead as we watched the city below us. It was peaceful up here and I didn't want that ever to go away.

"Have you thought about which university or college you wanted to go to?" Rose asked. Today, in class we were asked to research which university we wanted to go to.

"Princeton," I said and Rose whipped her head in my direction with her eyes widened.

"Really?! I want to go there as well. They have a good ice skating program. I hope I get in there though with my sports scholarship because my grades aren't that good," Rose said while laughing. The thought of us going to different schools saddened me.

"What if one of us doesn't get in," I found myself saying.

"You mean what if I don't get in. Then I don't. There are always other schools," Rose said.

I sighed, that's not what I wanted to know. "What will happen to us, Rose." I asked. She turned around a little and looked at me and asked, "What do you mean by that?" She waited for me to answer and she nodded understanding after a while.

"If you think we will break up then take that out of the equation, unless you want to break up with me," Rose said. My eyes widened and I shook my head back and forth making her smile.

"We will work it out but for now let's hope we get into our dream university. Even if we do break up I know that we will find our way back to each other because you're my soulmate. I love you, Elliot Li and I will always love you no matter what. I'll be with you for as long as I shall live," Rose whispered. She leaned back against my chest and held my arms that were around her neck tightly against her.

"I love you too, Rose Romano. I hope for the best because I don't think I'd ever want us to be apart," I whispered. I kissed the side of her neck and smiled; I placed my chin on her shoulder.

"I have one question for you," I whispered and she hummed in response for me to continue.

"If I were to propose to you right now what would you say?" I asked.

"I'd say yes." She said without hesitation.

I kissed the nape of her neck and asked, "If I'd ask you to run away with me far away from here what would you say?"

"Yes," she whispered.

"If I asked you to leave me...would you?" I asked.

"No," she said.

"What if I hurt you really badly...what would you?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. What would you do to hurt me?" She asked.

"Cheating?" I asked. I know that I'd never cheat on her or do anything that would hurt her.

"I'd wish for your happiness and let you go," she said. I moved back a little and she looked at me while smiling at me sadly.

"Why would you do that?" I furrowed my eyebrows as I stared at her.

"Your happiness matters to me and if you don't feel happy in this relationship or with me tell me. I don't want you to hesitate to tell me. I'd rather have you tell me," she said.

I pushed her hair away from her face and kissed her lips softly and whispered, "I'd never cheat on you or hurt you. I've never properly talked to a girl let alone kissed one until I met you."

Her eyes widened and she asked, "I was your first kiss?" I nodded and she said, "You are mine as well." I smiled knowing that we were both first for everything. The wind blew harshly against us and I grabbed the hairband from my wrist noticing that her hair was bothering her. I pulled her hair back and put it into a ponytail.

Rose touched her hair and she smiled at me and asked, "When did you get better at this?" The first time I tried doing it on her I failed so I practiced on Ty's little sister. I was going to answer her question but noticed that she was chewing the inside of her cheek. I sighed and grabbed the little box in my pocket that had candy in it. I opened the box and squished her cheeks so they'd be open and placed one in her mouth.

I remember asking her why she'd bite her cheeks on the inside. She said that it's a habit that she developed when she didn't have something in her mouth. She said she'd have the urge to chew something or suck something in her mouth. That's why I carry this candy box thing around whenever she has the urge so she wouldn't have to bite her cheeks on the inside.

She smiled happily and cuddled closer to me as we watched the view from above. I laughed at her childishness, "It looks like a dog." She said while pointing at the clouds.

"It clearly looks like a unicorn," I said. And for the rest of the ride we continued to bicker about the most random things that we'd see.