28: Wedding Dress

After hearing about your engagement to Fili, Dis immediately travelled to Erebor to help with preparations. The first task she decided to tackle was the creation of your wedding dress.

Together, the two of you, with a bit of input from Tauriel, settled on a shimmery white fabric for majority of the dress, and sparkling gold lace for intricate details around the bottom of the skirt.

Dis began sewing right away and had the piece done in only a couple of days. Today, you would get to try it on.

•••

"Ahhgggh!" You yelp, as Dis cinches the dress tighter around your ribs.

The dwarf woman doesn't even flinch as she yanks on the dress one more time to make it even tighter.

"Breathe, (Y/N)!" Tauriel giggles.

You begin to laugh. You put your hands on your hips to stabilize yourself  so you don't fall off the podium you are standing on or rip the dress.

Dis ties the ribbons securing the dress in a bow, satisfied with her work. You let go of a breath you didn't know you were holding in as the dress loosens up a bit. You play with the skirt and move around as you get more comfortable, twirling in place.

"Dis, thank you! It's beautiful!" You thank her.

"My pleasure! Enjoy it (Y/N), it looks incredible on you!" Dis replies, making you blush at the compliment.

Tauriel helps you down from the podium. The dress is long and hard walk in, especially since you don't have shoes on. You have to lift the skirt off the ground to find your footing.

You get the sudden urge to run through the halls of Erebor with the skirt of the dress flowing behind you. Just once. Just for fun.

You take off, running out of the room, giggling. You hold the front half of the skirt in your arms while the back drapes loose behind you. Your feet pound the floor and you get a rush of excitement as your hair is whipped back as you run, away from of your face.

You race across a bridge, then turn the corner. You skid to a stop as someone blindly steps into the hallway from a nearby door, directly in your path.

You hear a faint gasp. The lighting is dim, but as your eyes begin to adjust you know exactly who it is.

"Oh my — (Y/N)! I- I'm- uh.." Fili starts but you interrupt him with a kiss.
"... I'm speechless" he continues, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear, "You look beautiful!"

"You look quite good yourself!" You look him up and down.

Judging by his outfit, he's just been fitted for clothing too. He wears a velvety red outfit with gold detailing and a shiny gold belt. You notice he's wearing a crown and reach up to touch it. You pick it up and admire it, running your fingers over the crown before placing it on your own head.

You look at your future husband with a smug grin on your face. He smiles back, raising his eyebrows.

"Well, if you're claiming that one, I guess this ones for me." Fili jokes, pulling a sparkly gold tiara with red jewels from behind his back.

He puts it on and playfully strikes a pose, making you laugh.

"Well... I guess we could trade," you offer Fili back his crown in exchange for the matching tiara.

"Hmm, you know I quite like this one," he says sarcastically playing with the tiara.

"Ok, that's fine with me," you pretend to walk away, putting the crown back on your head.

"Come here, you!" Fili laughs, racing after you.

He manages to snatch the crown away from you and gently places the tiara on your head.

"There. Now that's my Queen." He beams, kissing your forehead.

You hug him tightly, careful not to rip your dress.

The two of you walk hand in hand as you head back to Dis to change out of the wedding dress.