VII - Adonis

"Come for this Chick-Fil-A man

"Come for this Chick-Fil-A man."

Adonis was trying to get Sage to take the meal he brought for her out of his hand. She was being petty. She had asked him for the chick-fil-a from Friday and today was Tuesday.

"Do I hear somebody talking? Nah that's just my subconscious."

He knew she said it loudly for him to hear so he could get as irritated as she was.

He walked up to her gripping her at the neck. His fingers were wrapped firmly around her neck but not hard enough to hurt. Sage's body tingled. Why did he have to go and do something like that when they were supposed to be friends.

"I know you hear me talking to you Sage. Take this fucking bag from me," his deep voice oozed authority.

Sage took the bag from him. She hadn't seen him act like this ever and she liked it. She'd have to behave like that more often.

"Get in bruh," he opened the car door for Sage. Sage climbed in and he went to the driver's side. She told her parents that she was going to spend the night with her friend Gina. She and Gina were close friends but they weren't best friends. Her parents were quite skeptical about making her go on a school night but the senior class was going on a History trip. She wasn't going and neither was Gina so her parents agreed to let her spend the night.

Adonis started the car and headed off. He was careful not to park at her house. She lied to spend the night with him even though she was moving quite petty before.

"I'm sorry Sage," he rested his big hand on her knee, "I got caught up with work and I was unavailable to come and see you."

"That's all you had to say Adonis," she removed his hand from her knee and put it on the arm rest. If he kept his hand there they would be doing not so friendly things.

"You had me blowing up your phone for two days. The other days I just didn't give a fuck."

She was aware that she was acting like his girlfriend but all he had to do was say that he was busy. Not ghost her for four days. They were on a path to best-friend-ship and he needed to act accordingly.

"I'm sorry Sage. Now tell me what had you so excited on Friday."

A small smile creeped up on Sage's face. Even though she was still a little upset with him she was too excited to keep this news to herself.

"Thomas McDowell offered me a summer internship spot at James, James & Nelson."

She was positive that Adonis knew James, James & Nelson. Everybody knew James, James & Nelson.

"For real?" Adonis' face lit up with a smile.

"Yes."

"I'm happy for you S. Congratulations. I know how excited you are. You're one step closer to your dream. Tell me you said yes."