57

After nearly a half a day of traveling, Zuko gave the reigns to Katara as he constantly looked over his shoulder at the burnt orange sky

This made Soana feel concerned and slightly overwhelmed.

"Don't worry, Zuko." She said from one side of the saddle. "We can take Azula."

Zuko looked back to his wife.
"I'm not worried about her. I'm worried about Aang. What if he doesn't have the guts to take out my father? What if he loses?"

Soana shook her head.
"Aang won't lose."

Katara looked over her shoulder at Zuko and Soana.
"He's gonna come back. He has to." She said, looking forwards to maintain control of Appa.

By the time the three made it to the capital, they saw no guards in any of the watch towers or near the palace. Which they found very peculiar, however, Katara had her own suspicions.

Just as Zuko flew closer to the palace, he noticed a oddly familiar sight below.

Pulling Appa's reigns towards the opened area where Azula was being coronated as Fire Lord, Zuko moves the bison swiftly until Appa landed in the middle of the opened area of the courtyard with a stomp.

Soana stared widely, noticing how the look in Azula's eyes were more frightening then ever.

The Fire Nation princess had sported a new haircut that was more than likely inspired by Soana's choppy hair from the year before. Her fringe that framed her face was uneven and her usual tight bun was now lose and unkempt.

She felt as if Azula had turned into something like her inner demon. The crazed look only made the Fire Sages surrounding her, about to crown her as Fire Lord, made them only tremble with fear; fear of being banished or demoted.

Zuko, after interrupting the coronation, stood on his feet and announced:
"I'm sorry, but you're not gonna become Fire Lord today." The prince leaped off Appa and exhaled, standing tall.

"I am."

Azula expresses a loud, mocking laugh as the Fire Sages, who were about to crown her, stared in between the siblings, confused.

"You're hilarious."

Soana joined Zuko quickly by jumping down from the saddle and going by his side.
"And you're going down."

The Fire Sage who held the Fire Lord headpiece was about to plant it on her top knot, but Azula stopped him.

"Wait." She stood from her knees.
"You want to become Fire Lord, fine. Let's settle this. Just you and me, brother, the showdown that was always meant to be—Angi Kai." She said with a sneer.