[10] Declaration of War

School was off for one more day before you all had to get back to the daily grind. As much as you wanted to go out and explore, and try to make a break in your investigation, you were stuck at the house with Aizawa, equal parts taking care of him (much to his dismay, as he found out the hard way that you cannot cook) and studying. It was Aizawa who had pointed out that if you wanted to stay in U.A., you couldn't afford to slack off, and so you spent your day practicing writing in Japanese. You weren't perfect, but now that you got the hang of the katakana alphabet, writing in kanji and hiragana became easier for you. It was sloppy, but at least you could understand the words.

The morning school was supposed to be back in session, you tried to convince Aizawa to stay home to no avail. Apparently looking like a literal mummy (who eerily reminded you of one of the Phantom Troupe members) was not going to stop the man from fulfilling his duty as a teacher, and so after you got ready, the two of you left for campus. He had received tons of odd looks, but you stuck by him just in case something were to happen.

Thankfully, your trip to school went off without a hitch.

Having had to get to school earlier, you met up with Nejire in the classroom where your tutoring sessions were going to take place, the blue-haired teen already waiting patiently for you as she read a book. When you walked in, she quickly got up, bouncing over and pulling you in for a tight hug with your head pressed into her chest.

"Ah, [Y/n]-chan! I'm so glad you're okay!"

Trying to not suffocate, you gave her a quick hug before pushing her away, your face reddening. And you thought Aunt Mito had a grip..!

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. You heard what happened at the USJ?"

Nejire nodded, tilting her head to the side in a manner that made her seem almost younger than you. "Hm, I think everybody has! It's common knowledge that Class 1-A was attacked by villains. I'm certain you all will be scoped out today." You had no clue what she was talking about, honestly, and she laughed at your confused face as the two of you sat down. "The Sport's Festival. U.A. is going to go ahead with it, and since your class survived a villain attack, you all will probably be considered the biggest contenders."

That added on explanation didn't really help you either, but Nejire was apparently not going to explain any further. "I'm sure your teacher will explain it to you today. Either way, we should probably get to work, [Y/n]-chan. You have a lot to learn~!"

Groaning, you nodded as Nejire went further over the alphabet with you, before deeming you decent enough for the time being to move on to Japan's history.

The hour went by fast, and as you bid Nejire goodbye, you quickly shoved your stuff in your bag, your head hurting. As much as you loved Nejire, she seemed to love trying to cram as much information into your head as possible, effectively giving you a massive headache. You were only one person! How did she expect you to remember all of Japan's history in the span of 1 hour?!

Rubbing the sides of your forehead, you started to make your way to your classroom, weaving through the other students to the best of your ability. The hallways were wide, but with everybody making their ways to their respective classes, it seemed somewhat crazy. That's why it wasn't really your fault as to what happened next.

"Oof!"

You hadn't realized how much force you had been putting in your "brisk walking pace" (you were not running, just... walking fast!), and unfortunately, somebody else hadn't been given much time to dodge as you collided into him. Both of you fell onto the ground harshly, the guy who was underneath you hitting his head on the tiled floor with a loud thunk. Your head had collided into the person's chest, and you winced, immediately using your arms to push yourself up so you were hovering over him.