Day 1

It's my first day back to work at the BAU since visiting my sister in Toronto. I still can't believe I'm an aunt now. Seeing my sister and her new baby got me thinking about settling down. It's upsetting sometimes, thinking about how I can never hold onto a man for long. No one really gets that my job comes first, most men leave once they realize I'll be gone 85% of the time.

A text.

Spence: "Your nephew is so cute!"

I had been sending pictures of my new nephew to my coworkers. It was tough leaving them but I knew I had to be there for my sister since her husband left. It's been just me and her for 16 years now since our parents died when I was 10 and she was 15.

Emily: "Agreed, when will you be back?"

Y/N: "Turn around"

"Hey! You're back," The crowd around the coffee machine erupts into cheers as my team welcomes me back from my month long leave. Emily and JJ crush me in a group hug, Rossi greats me with kisses all around my face while Morgan and Spence wait patiently for their individual hugs; Spence's hug lingering a little bit longer than the others. I notice Hotch in his office writing furiously.

"What's up with him?" I ask. The team just shrugs their shoulders, I'm the only one on the team that can really get through to him. I can't imagine how it's been without me for a month.

After being attacked with questions by the team and a warm welcome home from Garcia I manage to skip away to go say hello to Hotch.

"Knock knock," I say as I walk into his office as I've done a thousand times before, "you look happy."

"You're home!" I hear Hotch mutter before engulfing me in his chest.

"Miss me?"

"We all did y/n."

"I know but I'm asking you," I see Hotch let out a little smirk before going back to his desk.

"What are you working on?" I ask, noticing it doesn't look like the usual paperwork he has on his desk.

"Jack is getting into fights at school, I'm not sure what to do." He says this sounding and looking very defeated. I start to explain to him how after my parents died and my sister and I moved in with our aunt, I also started getting into fights. I'm cut short by JJ walking into the room.

"Sorry to interrupt but we have a case." I look out the door to see the team heading into the conference room. Hotch and I join them.

The case takes us to Little Rock, Arkansas. Our unsub was pretty difficult to track down but after 5 days and 6 unfortunate victims, we got him. The ride on the jet was quiet, Rossi drinking his expensive liquor, JJ and Morgan drifting to sleep and Emily reading a new book. I see Hotch looking out the window, he looked peaceful so I decided not to distract him. I feel eye lingering on me, I slowly move my head to meet Spence's gaze.

"Hey." He turns bright red once we make eye contact. I always had a feeling he had a little crush on me since I started working here. I didn't think anything of it because I had a boyfriend of four years at that time. Little did I know I would find him cheating when I came home from a case that ended early because the unsub committed suicide.

"Y/N?" Spencer calls out quietly enough to where only I can hear him. "Do you know you have the nicest earlobes?"

What? Did he just say I had the nicest earlobes? He went on to explain how there are many different types earlobes and that when getting piercings only specific piercings would look nice on specific earlobes. Luckily for me, I guess, Spencer explained how with my type of earlobe any piercing would look nice on it.

"You're so weird," I say jokingly because though that was definitely the weirdest compliment I have ever received it was still sweet. "I may not know crazy facts like that but I can say you have very nice eyes, Spence."

His face was just going back to his regular color, but that compliment sent him back to the tomato red color it was just a few moments before. The rest of the ride was calm, with the occasional glances from Spence and smiling at Hotch when he breaks his focus from the window, I fall asleep the moment I find myself back in my apartment.

*OK! That was day 1, some notes. I know the earlobe thing is weird I just want to write a story that everyone can relate to, I'm sorry if you have weird earlobes and you can't relate. Also please leave comments about what you liked and what you didn't like, I'm making this for you so please feel free to tell me what you want to see and what you hated.