[18] Foreigner VS. Sparking Killing Boy!

Thankfully, it took some time for the stage to melt and dry, so you had time to prepare yourself. Greeting Hanta as he came back to the stands (he did not appreciate you telling him to jokingly "not worry about it", but you couldn't help it!), you stood up, stretching your arms above you. It would be best to make your way down to the waiting rooms now and devise a game plan.

"Good luck!"

At the friends that wished you luck on your way out, you shot Denki a playfully wink before heading to the waiting rooms. From what you had previously observed, if Denki used too much electricity, it literally fried his brain. Your best bet would be to use your nen to form a protective layer of ko around your body and hope for the best. It probably wouldn't completely block out the electricity, but it would certainly minimize damage done to you. You had already gotten the bad end of Denki's quirk once today - you did not want to feel that again.

You figured you could just get him to fry his own brain, and then yeet him out of the arena. That was a solid plan, right? If your nen didn't protect you, though... You weren't sure what else you could do to protect yourself from his quirk, honestly. Right now, this was the only option you could think of.

It'd have to do.

After what felt like an eternity of waiting, you heard Present Mic's voice over the speaker, indicating that you needed to start walking out into the stadium and onto the stage. You weren't really nervous, but your entire body tingled with anticipation nonetheless. As rude as it was to think about, Denki was nowhere near your biggest worry right now. You were much more concerned with the fights you would face after this match.

Sorry, Denki!

"Accepted into U.A.'s hero course late through recommendations, is Class A's Freecss [Y/n]! Coming from the United States, she's certainly making waves with her quirk, Boost!"

You appreciated the little introduction Present Mic gave you as you walked up the steps, slowly watching Denki appear from the other side.

"VERSUS Sparking Killing Boy! From the hero course's Class A, it's Kaminari Denki!"

You take it back. Why did Denki get the cool nickname, and you didn't?!

That shouldn't be your biggest worry right now. Meeting you on stage, Denki looked completely relaxed and smug, as if he already had the battle in the bag, and you couldn't help but feel annoyed. You were totally going to wipe that look off his face! Well, more like he was going to wipe the look off his face himself, since your plan here was to make him overuse his quirk.

Let's just hope it works, or else you're going to be in for a very rough time.

Still on a roll, you waited impatiently for the match to start as Present Mic continued to talk. "Now, we'll have a super flashy battle this time too, so give it your all, alright?! Now, START!"

You and Denki faced off for a moment, and he was the first to speak, grinning cockily over at you. "Hey, [Y/n], why don't we go on a date once this is all over?"

His sudden question took you aback, and you thought it over, before nodding once. "I mean, if you're not too upset by losing, a date would be super fun!"

Matching your surprise, he faltered for a moment, clearly not having expected you to agree. "W-wait, you really want to go out on a date?"

"Yes! So let's end this quickly!"

You then, surprising everybody, sat down to wait patiently for Denki to make the first move. Wrapping yourself in nen, you took a deep breath and closed your eyes. Your ko wrapped your entire body - you had seen how Denki fights. He tends to do a giant blast to try and end the fight first thing, not wanting to draw out battles. While his move, granted, was extremely strong (you already had a taste of being electrocuted, after all), he would probably go brain dead after his first attack. While sitting down seemed a bit stupid, your legs were crossed underneath you in a way that if Denki decided to do a frontal attack without his quirk, you could easily jump up and defend, although you weren't really banking on it.