[24] Code Names and Internships

Class went by surprisingly fast. After Aizawa explained the importance of these draft picks and pro-hero internships, Midnight had busted through the door, announcing she would be the facilitating class to make sure nobody picked any ridiculous names. You thought long and hard about your name - you wanted something that was important to both you and that represented your old world. You'd have to be discreet - after all, nobody was supposed to know your origin.

"You're also going to use your first name? Are you sure?"

You nodded. "I don't mind when people call me by my name. Plus that way, everybody sees me as a friend to the people, right?" In truth, you just couldn't decide on a good hero name, and then came to the conclusion that you just didn't care. Your name wouldn't make or break you. Why worry about something so trivial?

Your explanation worked well and Midnight gave you the go ahead, so you bounced back to your seat, waiting patiently for the rest of your classmates to go up.

"Now that everyone's decided on their hero names, it's time to go back to internships," Aizawa spoke blandly as ever, holding up a sheet of paper. "The internships will last for a week, and everybody who's received an offer will get their own list to choose from. Those who didn't have offers will choose from forty agencies around the country that will be accepting our interns.

Taking the paper you received, you sighed in exasperation. No way you were going through over 3,900 names, that was way too much! Some agencies had notes by them, so maybe you'd just look at those and see which ones stick out the most to you? God, this was going to be a nightmare.

With class dismissed, conversation loudly started up, everybody discussing on their options and who they all hoped to train with.

"Who do you plan on going with, [Y/n]?"

Looking up, you saw that it was Ochaco who was asking you, a look on her face making you think she was already dead set on a hero agency. Sighing, you shrugged.

"I don't know... I don't really want to go through all of these offers, to be honest."

Some of the students around you who had heard you started to complain. "At least you got offers!" Mina exclaimed, and you just laughed in amusement. Peering over your shoulder, the pink-haired girl's eyes widened at something on your list.

"Whoa! You got an offer from Hawks!"

"Uh, who?"

At Mina's exclamation and your blatant confusion, the chatter around you got louder as she pointed out the name to you.

Wing Hero: Hawks... Huh, he's one of the ones who left a note for me.

Before you could check the note, you were drawn back to reality by your friend shaking you back and forth. "Gah, [Y/n], why did you get so many offers?!"

You laughed at Mina's antics, shrugging her off. "Because I'm just that awesome?"

Putting down the paper for now, you shrugged. You'd take a look at that note later.

School proceeded as normal, and soon enough it ended. You hadn't made a decision yet, but you had a couple more days to really worry about it so you weren't pressed as you hung back with Ochaco and Izuku. Ever since Ochaco had also learned your secret in an attempt to keep her safe and wary about Hisoka, the three of you had been constantly messaging each other. The brunette couldn't really offer much in the way of ideas and help on getting back to your world, but at the very least she was giving you her support. Ochaco was an amazing friend, and you felt relieved that she knew your secret as well.