[26] Admonishment

The tension was thick.

After Kurapika's revelation on who was the one who was fucking up your entire life (currently, anyways), the two of you and Hawks migrated to a dining room-like setting, Usagi quickly dropping off food for you all to eat before leaving. As it turned out, despite having a quirk that made him look like a bird, Hawks loved chicken, causing most of the dishes on the table to be chicken based. Not that you were complaining, you'd never turn down free food.

Of course, things just continued to get weirder. As if eating dinner with Kurapika and Hawks wasn't enough, the three of you had another guest, one that you had been avoiding ever since you saw him. He was currently sitting across from you three, his golden eyes penetrating your form.

Fucking Hisoka.

Turning to Kurapika, who was sitting next to you, you frowned. "Why is he here?" Your voice was salty, you wanted nothing to do with the clown man, and while Hawks was pretty chill about the entire encounter, you wouldn't be surprised if he also wanted Hisoka to just skedaddle on out of here and never be seen again.

Sighing, Kurapika but his head in his hands, rubbing his forehead. "He's here because he's our best shot at finding Chrollo."

Oh, yeah.

After Kurapika's truth bomb, he had shed a lot of light on yours and everybody else's situation. Chrollo had, against all odds, found a way to get here and was trying to find a way to exorcise Kurapika's Judgement Chain on him. For reasons unknown, he had joined up with the League of Villains, but it was easy to assume it was because they had a way to give Chrollo his nen back.

While it wasn't 100% certain, Kurapika hypothesized that when you had crossed over into this world, it had opened up 'entry points' that connected the two worlds. Because of this, it has allowed Chrollo, Hisoka, and now Kurapika to wind up here.

Since it wasn't an exact science, Kurapika wasn't entirely sure, but he assumed that there were entry points hidden around Tokyo to get back to your world. There had to be something connecting your world to Tokyo of all places, but you all weren't sure what exactly it was. Not now. If Hisoka knew anything, which was entirely possible, he stayed tight lipped about it.

Anyways, when Kurapika came here, he had ran into Hawks. The two had apparently gotten into an altercation before Kurapika proved himself, and Hawks had offered for him to stay here for the time being. It was by chance they figured out you were here, no thanks to U.A.'s sport's festival.

It was a good thing that got broadcast on live television.

Poking at your potatoes with a fork, you let out an exasperated sigh. Things seemed to have gotten a lot more complicated.

Unable to stand the tense silence that had settled over your ragtag group again, you spoke up. "So what exactly am I supposed to do here for a week?"

It was Hawks who spoke up, pausing from his chicken wing to give you a solid answer. "Train, of course. You're still a student of U.A., and I can't just let you slack off while you're here. But I really don't want to train you either, so good luck." With those oh-so-helpful words, he went back to tearing into his chicken voraciously.

If he wasn't training you, that meant you had two other options - no, one. You'd rather fucking die than train with Hisoka.

Turning to Kurapika, you gave him a pleading look, and he caught on immediately. "You want me to train you?"

"I could help out, [N/n]~."

Hisoka was promptly ignored as you nodded at Kurapika. "Please! Your hatsu is amazing, so I trust in you to be a good teacher!"