Safe Haven

"Are you sure?"

"Well, once we get your name because you kind of forgot that part, then yes."

"Eislyn Rose."

"Wow. That's a fancy name."

"Thank you. I hate to ask this, but can you show me to my room? I'm quite tired."

Ajax nods, getting to his feet, and nodding his head towards the stairs near the back of the bar. I say goodnight to the rest of the two boys, thanking them for their great kindness before grabbing my bag and following Ajax quietly up the stairs. We walk down a darkish, wooden floored hallway before he gently pushes open a door. 

I glance around the room in awe, confused that he would choose such a beautiful room for me to sleep in. My eyes skim over the dark green walls, the clean white bed, the beautiful floor covered in a soft carpet. I walk towards the window, letting my fingers graze the perfectly white curtains. 

"I'm sorry it's not too much, but this is only room that's empty."

"Not too much? This is more than perfect. This is more than I can ask for. Are you absolutely sure you want me to sleep in here?"

"Of course. You asking the question makes you more than worthy of sleeping here."

Ajax points to another door connecting to the bedroom. 

"That's your bathroom. You won't have to share it with anyone else tonight, but when Dagger comes back, and if you still are here you might. It's getting redone soon, so if you stay you'll have a separate bathroom, but for now that's all we got."

Huh. Dagger. He sounds interesting. I might just have to meet this guy. 

"I don't mind sharing a bathroom at all. I'm grateful to have one."

I hear Ajax clear his throat behind me. 

"Well, I'll leave you to it. Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow, Eislyn."

"You might."

He snickers before backing out of the room and closing the door behind him. I peer back at the door to make sure I'm alone, and then I squeal. Holy mother fucking shit! This is real. I have a real bedroom with a real bed with a window that I can actually look out of. I have a bathroom, not a bucket the corner of a cell. I have a rug on the floor. 

I walk into the bathroom and gasp at how beautiful it is. There are about five or six mens products on the shelf, but I don't mind. Dagger or whoever was here before me anyway. Supposedly, I'm only staying for one night but now that I actually have a bed, I don't know about leaving. 

Everyone seems pretty sweet, after some rough first impressions. But it's me, so that's extremely expected. I know that I be a little weird and bit too much sometimes. I know I can be anxious and flinchy, but I only want to be free. Free to be who I am. 

I'm starting to think that I'm going to find my freedom in the weirdest most unexpected place ever. What if this is the place?

I shake my head, taking a deep breath to calm my racing mind. I'm not going to go too fast with this. I want to take each free day as it comes. I don't want to rush into any quick decisions. I mean, I still don't know why Links ran out like that. Was he too angry to handle himself in front of customers? Was he disgusted by me? Did he want to get away from me as quick as he possibly could?

I really need to get out of my own head.