02 - Delayed

Entering the main entrance to the building, you started to walk in the corridor looking for your designated class. Your head kept repeatedly moving around as you eyed the codes imprinted on top of the doors. "Was it room B2...?" you questioned. "Ah, maybe I should ask someone."

Your legs continued to wander off in search for someone who could help you. Just ahead of you, there were another two paths ahead of you that were across each other. One which lead to a left corridor and the other one on the right. In the intersection, you realized that you haven't seen a single person since you came inside the building as you found yourself standing alone in the deserted area.

"Hm, they're too early. Are they that punctual? Or did I get my time wrong?" Taking out your phone, you looked at the screen which showed the last minute had turned 30. "Dammit, I just remembered I have my class schedule but it's at home. I should have prepared my things sooner.

You slapped both of your cheeks at the same time, red markings leaving traces on either side of your face. "Should I just go in one of these rooms anyway and ask? Ugh, where's the school staff when you need them?"

As you contemplated in choosing your decisions, you hadn't noticed that an individual had entered the scene behind you. The male merrily skipped to the direction you were at and turned to the left passage. Upon sensing his presence, you reached out your voice to him before he could stray away farther from you.

"Hello, excuse me!" you called out to the boy to which he halted. "I was wondering if you could help me find my classroom. You see, I left my class schedule and I don't remember what room I'm supposed to be in," you explained while getting closer to him.

When he turned around to face you, you stopped on your tracks upon seeing a familiar face. "Er, Tanah?"

You thought he had gone somewhere else like he said?

"Me?" The boy stared at you with a confused look on his face as he slowly pointed a finger at himself, wondering if you were referring to him. Since there were no other people in the area except for the two of you, the only one he could identify to your guessing was him.

".. But I'm not Tanah?" he responded with a questioned tone.

"You're not?" 

But he looked like the person you befriended earlier. He almost had the same physical characteristics as him and the appearance was uncanny. But now that you looked closer, you could already point out that there was something off about him.

The boy in front of you was a bit shorter. If you recalled correctly, Tanah was wearing an orange vest but this one was now wearing red; and his cap was turned the other way around and tilted a bit upwards that you could see a white strand of his hair. If it weren't for his different outfit, you would have assumed he was the boy who saved you.

You thought for sure he was when you first saw him, but then came to conclusion that you mistook this one for someone else. Your eyes widened and you quickly gave a little bow.

"Oh I'm sorry!" You apologized, "I didn't mean to be rude. I thought you were someone else for a sec."

The boy shook his head as if telling you it was not a bother at all. "Oh, don't worry!" he cheerfully replied. "I guess we don't look very much different. I get that sometimes."

"You do?" You questioned. It took you a few seconds to connect the dots before making a guess why he resembled the other guy so much. "Are you perhaps related to Tanah?"

The boy nodded his head. "Uh huh. I'm Api!" he exclaimed, "I'm his adorable younger brother! And you are?"

"You can call me (Y/N)." Extending out your hand to him, he did the same and you both shook each other's in greeting. Aha, this introduction felt like it got restarted. It's like meeting Tanah's doppelganger.