Chapter XIX.

At that moment, my heat seemed to have stopped. Where it was getting closer. Even though we were running as fast as possible, the beat of wings were coming closer with every step.
   They say that your life flashes in front of your eyes when you're about to die, but all I remembered was that one line from the stupid poem:
    Forgetting, soon we will part.       

     My eyes opened with a startle.
The familiar, but uncomfortable bumpy ride told me I was in a carriage right now.
    'Ah, you're awake.'
Selene smiled blindingly at me.
       I was dumbfounded at first, & even I hadn't been unable to control my expression then.
    Of course. Unless you were the heroine from a fantasy novel, you wouldnt be able to keep your shock to yourself, & by all means, I was only a normal human being transmigrated into the unimportant villainess's body.
   Though before I could make myself to ask anything, if I at least had a clear idea of what, the carriage came to stop slowly.
    'Ah. We're here!!' she glanced out by the curtain, & then turning towards me.
    'Come on, let's go out,' she pulled me forward urgently while the door was just opening.
  I didn't bother resisting, & followed her out despite my dazed mind.
  My eyes squinted due to the sunlight. When I opened them after getting used to the brightness, my breath caught in my throat: I would've thought I was at the Royal Palace if I hadn't known otherwise.
   The view was absolutely stunning. It felt like I had somewhat fell into a hole, & found myself in a magical land. Now, what was the name of that story? Alice, & the hole?
    It took me a moment to notice the chattering kids all around us despite them being awfully loud, & unpleasant.
    'I'm sorry,' Selene apologized letting my hand go- at first I didn't realize what she was apologizing for.
   'Ah...'
'I'm really sorry! But because of what you said- no. I don't blame you- because he asked... I'm sorry.'
    After grumbling for a while, she walked away quickly as if afraid I'd eat her, leaving me alone there.
    ... What the heck was she on about?
Ah, darn. Why can't I...?
    I was being chased with the male lead... and... then I...
'Forget it. Let's just go in.'
      Going with the flow is easier than trying too hard, or being lazy. Well, it's not like I'm always lazy...
    Thinking that, I followed one of the kids walking towards the palace (or something) naturally.
    Feels like something is missing... Oh well.

     There were even more kids inside the palace. Ah, no. It's the academy.
    That took a long time for me to realize despite it being... well, obvious.
      The kids were all crowding in front    of a wall... a large white board with some scribbles written on it.
  I couldn't exactly see since it was too far for me to. My sight wasn't exactly what you'd call good after all.
     There was inexplicable urge to sigh: seems like things will be more complicated from now on.
     Gasps erupted suddenly, & I turn ed my head towards the same direction everyone else was looking involuntarily.
    Ah... that's what I forgot.
'Phoenix.' He passed through the crowd without much effort, & then stood before me.
  'Brother... can I ask you what happ-'
'Were you able to see your dorm number? I'll help you move in,' he offered with a smile, & the crowd made a way for him as he tried to look at the white board.
    He's... unexpectedly popular at school, huh?
   As I thought that, another fact that I had almost forgotten appeared in my mind: right. Phoenix's brother was just a stepping stone so that the male lead becomes even more well known while... our whole family becomes a ridicule, one by one.

A/N: in the future the chapters will be longer, I'll update daily. Don't be confused because I'm going to explain how she suddenly ended up with the heroine in the next chapter.