First Encounters

Eislyn P.O.V.

I wake up groggy. My throat dry, my eyes blurry, lines on my arm from sleeping in the same position all night. I'm disoriented for a minute, questioning where I am before remembering all that happened yesterday.

I calmly rub my fingers under the cover and onto the bed sheets, feeling their velvety texture. I press my cheek against the cool but not too cold pillows. The comforter is thick and irresistibly soft, like a cloud.

Maybe Links is right. Maybe I should stay for just awhile meet everyone and see how I feel. The people I have already met seem to take a liking to me, but I don't want to feel stuck here. I have just been able to find freedom. I can now find myself, learn new things, see the world (with only $200; ha that's funny).

I need food before I think about anything else.

I sit up to swing my feet out of the bed, but I feel dizzy all of a sudden. Instead of getting up, I lay back down in bed and play with the streams of light coming through my window. I run my hands through the ray of sunshine, feeling it dance it's warmth across my fingers. I bite my bottom lip as I try to hide my growing smile but that doesn't work. I'm so happy.

After another minute, I'm finally ready to get out of the comfortable bed, thanks to having to go pee. I look around the room for my bucket, but then I remember where I am. I have a bathroom now. Well, I'm sharing a bathroom, but who cares?

Dagger's washing products smell really good anyway.

I swing my feet over the edge of the bed on the left side, so I get up facing the window. I stretch my arms over my head and move towards the white, flimsy curtains. I pull them open, letting the sunshine and warmth into the bedroom. My toes curl as the sun hit them.

I take another minute to stand there, looking out across the way to see the city that seems a hundred miles away but really is only maybe twenty. I mosey to the bathroom door, not hearing anyone inside, so I pull the handle.

For a second, I don't react. I just stand there to stare at the gorgeous man with his towel hanging dangerously low on his hips. My eyes glide up his eight pack with droplets of water still stuck to his dark and smooth brown skin. His jawline is sharp, his hair cut just right. He smirks at me, his brown eyes gleaming with mischief.

I clear my throat, backing away from who I'm guessing is Dagger. He steps towards me and watches me as I bite on my bottom lip. My back hits the door, allowing Dagger to come closer to me. I'm about the push open the door, my handle in my hand, but before I can do anything Dagger has leaned his hand on the door.

His body towers over me as he stands close. His body wash almost radiates around me, making me want to creepily take a deep breath of his scent. Dagger bends down so his eyes are lined up with mine. He studies me in a non-judgemental way before placing a large hand on my hip.

I glance down to see that his whole hand to wrap around my waist. Dagger sees the same thing, but he doesn't look too pleased with that.

Once again, I clear my throat, trying to get rid of the sudden dryness.

His hand lifts from my waist and onto my face.