𝖎.𝖝𝖝 𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖆𝖑 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖞

"AND YOU'RE PERFECT

"AND YOU'RE PERFECT." Theta said, dusting a shimmering powder over Haven's face. "You outdid yourself this time." The blonde smiled, thanking her stylist. "Anything for my best girl."

The blonde ran her hand along the skirt of her dress. The top closely hugged her form, and the golden layers of the skirt billowed out, catching the light. "You're going to look a million times more beautiful than any of the Capitol citizens tonight." Theta beamed. Haven smiled, Theta was one of the few people she actually liked in the Capitol, her stylist never felt artificial to her.

Theta ushered the Cleary girl outside, where a car was waiting for her, Pandora already sitting inside. "Good luck tonight." Theta winked as she shut the car door behind Haven.

"Oh! This is just so exciting. The Presidential palace." Pandora exclaimed, clapping her hands together. Haven fought the urge to roll her eyes, not wanting to be on the receiving end of a lecture from Pandora.

The car slowed, pulling through the large gates of the palace, before stopping in front of a grand staircase. "Chin up, big smile! Anyone who's anyone is here tonight and they're all here to see you." Pandora chirped.

"Great. A bunch of selfish Capitol puppets want to meet me." Haven thought to herself, dreading the night ahead.

The Cleary girl was instantly overwhelmed as they crossed the threshold of the party. Music boomed, hundreds of colorful people stood waiting, and fireworks exploded in the sky. The scene was unlike anything she'd ever witnessed.

A fanfare of drums ensued, stopping as a spotlight was cast on a balcony above. President Snow stepped out, holding a glass in one of his pale, veiny hands. "Good evening. Tonight is a very special occasion, as we celebrate our Victor, Haven Cleary, on the final night of her Victory Tour. Ms. Cleary embodies the strength and valor of what it means to be a Victor, and we wish her the best. And I wish you all a wonderful evening." Haven shivered, it never got easier hearing his slithering voice in person.

"Oh dearie! Come come, I have someone I want you to meet." Pandora beckoned, leading Haven inside. "This is Head Gamemaker, Phineas Leonard." Haven looked over at the plump, short man with grey hair standing next to Pandora.

Phineas smiled, setting his drink down. "Ms. Cleary. It's a pleasure to officially meet you." He said, shaking the girl's hand. "The pleasure is all mine." Haven said, lying through her teeth. The man who was responsible for torturing her and killing her friends wasn't exactly high on the list of people she wanted to meet.

"If you'll excuse me, I'm going to get something to drink." Haven walked away before either of them could object, heading straight for the bar. She asked the bartender for a glass of water, her head spinning from the overstimulation.

"Water? Really? Liven up a little sweetheart." Haven turned in the direction of the voice, making eye contact with a middle aged man with scruffy blonde hair and a beard. The man took a long swig of his drink before speaking up again. "I don't believe we've met. Haymitch Abernathy, District 12."