Chapter 21

Sunlight beamed through the long windows, falling on my face and waking me up. I squinted and flinched in exasperation like a vampire.

Bringing my hands to my eyes, I adjusted to the light and looked around the room. As if I was suffering from sudden amnesia, I blinked several times wondering what I was doing back in my old room.

I was quickly pulled out from my trance as I felt an arm tightening around my waist.

I looked down to see Marcus leaning his head on my chest , holding me tightly from my waist. My fingers were wrapped through his soft, silky hair. Our legs were entangled in the dark sheets, making it impossible for me to get down.

I slowly ran my fingers through his soft hair, caressing it, something I've always wanted to do. He stirred slightly and pressed closer to my chest.

This reminded me of the night when we slept together in his house. He was mad as soon as he woke up, leading me to move out of his house for two weeks and then to almost get murdered.

I discreetly untangled myself from his arms and got off the bed. Taking a quick shower,I quickly slipped down the stairs, not wanting him to wake up.

I heard voices in the living room as I reached the last step. Aggressive voices to be exact. I edged closer to the pillar to see what was happening.

A girl with strawberry blond hair and a black motorbike jacket was dragging my brother by his ear.

"Let go of my ear you idiot" my brother yelled while trying to free his ear from the girl's grip.

"Pay for what you did dumbass" the girl yelled back furiously.

"Hey hey cool down. How about we talk while having some tea?" my mother desperately tried to control the situation.

" TEA? TEA? Is this freaking England? " The girl yelled while tightening her grip on my brother's ear.

"You're going to pay for this!" With that Jake lunged at the girl, pulling her hair with his hand.

The girl mirrored his actions as she clasped his hair with both her hands

They were both yelling and screaming at each other like little girls. My father stood at the corner of the room, face palming himself.

The girl suddenly took her helmet off the sofa and started beating Jake with it.

"You shameless human being" She snarled.

I heard loud steps running down the stairs in a hurry. I looked behind me to see a fully dressed Marcus looking alarmed. His hair was messy and the top buttons of his shirt were undone. He must have changed as soon as he heard the ruckus down here.

I turned my head back to the commotion as I heard the girl give out a war cry before hitting Jake squarely on the head with her helmet. Jake toppled to the floor dragging the girl with him and she fell on top of him. Their faces were only inches apart. It would have been romantic if they were not trying to kill each other.

"You- you" Before she could finish, the house maids came and lifted the girl up. My father rushed to the scene and stopped Jake before he started fighting again.

"What's happening?" Marcus whispered and I shrugged my shoulders. 

"What's going on here?" My father's loud voice boomed through living room.

" He bumped into my bike and broke the headlight" she said pointing an accusing finger at my brother.

"You did something worse" he scoffed back.