→CHAPTER NINE

—

WHY AM I HERE? A regretful Riku thought to herself in disdain as she, and the rest of Class 3-E all sat in the train on their way to Kyoto for their field trip.

The lavender-haired girl sat beside Kayano who was playing cards with the rest of their group which consisted of Sugino, Kayano, Manami, Nagisa, Kanzaki, Karma, and of course, our protagonist...Riku.

They were the only group that consisted of seven people since the class was at an odd number...and Sugino suggested that it would be fun to add Kanzaki Yukiko, a gorgeously simple girl with big round eyes and long raven hair to the group. Seeing as no one really opposed to it, they happily let her join.

Soon enough they had already prepared a plan and their to-do list for the places they will be visiting later for their assassination project.

Kayano turned to look at Riku who had her eyes closed shut, looking a little pale. The green-head smiled nervously at her friend, "I didn't know you had motion sickness, Riku...I kinda feel bad..."

Riku hated vehicles with a living passion. More so having to ride and move in them, Riku felt like vomiting. The pale girl could only groan in response, a bit scared that if she opened her eyes, her mouth will too. She did not want to ruin everyone's fun by spitting out her breakfast on the deck of cards.

"I told you, you should've taken your medicine before we came to the train station. Not when we arrived there." Karma noted from across her, his eyes scanning the cards in his hands. "It's going to take some time for you anti-motion sickness meds to take effect."

Since her parents are very well-known in the business industry, her father being the CEO of Akiyama Enterprises and her mother owning several hospitals all over Japan - the girl had to sometimes travel with them by boat or plane. But ever since she grew up getting motion sick, she only joined those business trips when necessary.

For her condition, her family's pharmacist gave her some pills to intake 30 minutes to an hour before she steps into any moving vehicle. 

"Shut it, Red," Riku muttered as she let out a shaky breath, leaning her head on the window.

Karma smirked. "Of course you only have the energy to say something when it comes to me. I feel special."

Everyone was with their respective groups, either doing their own things, team-bonding over games like Riku's group, getting to know each other, or further broadening their views in terms of assassination.

Riku could hear Irina's whimpering from where she sat, and she could silently feel Karasuma's icy aura, but the girl couldn't care less...she just wanted to get off this damn vehicle as soon as possible.