Cleaner Air~71

-
Think I might be out of my mind, I think that you're the one
-

Rin sank into the depths of his hoodie, disappearing into the void that hid within the folds of his fabric, feeling a indescribable, blissful warmth spread throughout her body

Enjoying Chenle's embrace was practically involuntary, and she despised how much she loved it, knowing that she should detest Chenle with every fiber of her being.

But she couldn't.

Rin wanted to, but hatred wasn't an option when it came to Chenle.

It was almost cruel- she was destined to love the man who had once stripped her of her freedom, but she had no choice on the matter, even if he was a murder; a criminal- she had to fall for him.

But soulmates weren't random. They were meant to be, not because fate deemed it so, but because, despite their differences, they were perfect for each other; two fitting puzzle pieces.

So as Rin let Chenle's embrace cocoon her, the rhythmic thumping of his heart soothed her, despite her instinctual urge to run- escape the house, Chenle, and anything that could ever imprison her again.

Something, whether it was the soulmate bond or something within Chenle, compelled the girl to slowly calm, even if a mix of anxiety caused her stomach to churn.

As her breathing began to slow and her senseless thoughts began to untangle, she could feel herself melting into his touch, gradually feeling herself relax as the remains of her adrenaline began to drain away, leaving her feeling weary.

Arms wrapped securely around the smaller girl, Chenle's chin rested on the crown of her head as he calmly watched white, tranquil clouds drift through the sky like peaceful ships sailing across a idyllic sea of blue.

Chenle was carrying a majority of Rin's weight as she leaned into him, but he didn't mind in the slightest.

His brain raced at speeds that seemed impossible, but he didn't show it, just in case the girl would decent into a frenzy again if she knew he was seriously considering her release.

Chenle listened as Rin's constant sniffles leisurely began to slow, fingers tracing various shapes into her back as he let her gradually relax.

A languid breath spilled from his mouth, lips pursing together as a soft breeze played with his hair, causing him to pull the girl closer to him.

"You're free to go," Chenle murmured quietly.

Rin suddenly tensed, eyebrows drawing together in confusion as she pondered the legitimacy of his words.

It seemed too easy; too good to be true as her heart welled with excitement and bliss, but worry, doubt, and anxiety swarmed her body, sure that she had misheard.

Pushing herself off of his chest, Rin glanced up at the boy in utter bewilderment as Chenle's arms fell to her waist yet again, but not to restrain her; he just didn't want to let go of her yet.

Her cheeks shimmered with silver tracks, and her eyes were red and lachrymose, puffy from crying.

Rin's pinkish lips were parted with surprise, and her oversized shirt was haphazardly strewn upon her body; her shirt was incredibly wrinkled, and the collar of it was about to slip off of her shoulder, but it somehow managed to cling to her torso.

Her hair was sticking up in unnatural angles, and any sensible person would assume that some type of small animal had created a nest within the messy mop sprawled upon her head.

Her heart pulsated throughout her ears, still erratic from her vigorous movements from just a moment before, and her stomach lurched within her body, as if it had become a living, writhing snake twisting within her.

"Wh-What?" She squeaked, positive that his words were falsehoods.

Her weak voice hung in the air, and her unstable words were almost swept away by a the light breeze, barely reaching Chenle's ears.

Per usual, Chenle's expression was utterly blank, yet a glimmer of sincerity shone within his crepuscular eyes, nearly confusing the girl.

"You're free," He muttered softly, eyes wandering across her tear-stricken face.

She didn't know how to process his words; was he really promising her freedom? Or was it a lie- was there a loophole of some sort?

Pushing those thoughts away, Rin was hit by a train of exhilaration, and elation suddenly flooded her body, causing her heart to swell within her chest.

She couldn't help herself from smiling, and a breathy laugh fell from her lips, almost in disbelief as she stared up at the taller boy.

Joy bubbled up her throat, and thrill built up in her chest, bouncing on the balls of her feet as she grabbed Chenle's sleeve to stable herself as her head began to spin.

Mirth danced in her eyes as she began to feel giddy, as if she were hallucinating, or, perhaps, it was all a dream- a truly amazing dream.

Rin's cheeks ached dully from smiling so broadly, but she didn't care, eyes twinkling with excitement as her heart pumped delight through her veins, bliss spreading throughout her entire body.

Feeling almost overwhelmed by her staggering emotions, Chenle's eyes widened a fraction, watching her face light up with utter overjoy as he affirmed her hopes, surprised by her reaction to say the least.

"Thankyouthankyouthankyo-"

"Slow way down- don't thank me for something you should already have," He sighed, somehow exhausted by her high energy levels.

She nodded quickly, ginning broadly as her fingers tugged at Chenle's sleeve in utter excitement, eyes sparkling blissfully as they gazed up at the boy.

His stare was trained on the girl as he uncomfortably stood in place, watching her jump upon the balls of her feet as she grinned widely, wordlessly observing her extreme happiness.

In all honesty, he was incredibly awkward with emotional scenes, even if it was a positive emotion, and Chenle didn't know what he was supposed to do or say- quickly changing the subject.

"Right- want to see your father?" He mumbled, tearing his gaze from the girl.

I've majorly changed the plot in the past 12 hours like 5 times, help