C H A P T E R 18

Published this in such a rush. - myztically

° ° °

"Oppa," the tone of Lisa's voice sounded like she was out of breath. "you're awake."

Lisa was expecting that her brother would smile at her like he would always do and welcome her to his arms.

But the opposite happened.

Instead, Taehyung gave her a fake smile. "I know."

Lisa froze.

Two words. Five letters. But it broke her heart.

There was a thick sarcasm in his tone. She heard it very well. His message was clear; he's not happy with what he just witnessed right now.

Lisa still felt the urge of explaining. "Oppa, I—"

"Leave us for a moment," Taehyung cuts her off. Pertaining to Jisoo. "I want to talk to my sister."

Jisoo's face started to panic. "But I still need to run some tests on you—" just like Lisa, she was also not able to finish her sentence because of Taehyung.

"I'll live. You can check up on me later." his eyes then settled on his fiancée who has been quiet the whole time. Seeing the redness on her cheek made him somewhat 'kinda angry. "Take Jennie with you. And put something on her cheek to lessen the sting away."

"But—"

"Soo," he looked at Jisoo in a warning manner. "go."

His cousin heaved a frustrated sigh before rolling her eyes and tugging Jennie out of the room with her. Leaving him and his sister.

Taehyung returned his gaze on Lisa. The depths of his brown orbs were glistening in awe.

He can't explain how happy he is right now. Seeing her standing in front of him brings so much joy and contentment to his heart. He waited so long to see her again.

There was never a day that would pass without him wondering how she's been doing. If she was happy, if she was alright, if she was scared of being alone, if she needed help, or if she had a hard time adjusting to the world by herself.

With a very low tone, Taehyung asked. "Where have you been hiding for all those years?"

"In Melbourne," she answered. "I was with mom."

He slightly nodded. "I'm glad that you weren't alone after all." he then added. "How have you been?"

Lisa avoided his gaze. "I don't want to talk about my experiences there. Nor am I ever gonna tell anyone about it." she pressed her lips together. "But, don't worry. I didn't struggle that much."

"When did you arrived?"

"Yesterday," she replied. "I came here as soon as I found out what happened to you."

"I was shot three times for a reason, Lis." he said with a double meaning. "And I hope you know what that means."

"That's why I'm here now, oppa." Lisa told him. "To fix this."

"What did Yoongi hyung and the others said?"

"Yoongi oppa was against it, at first." she rolled her eyes. "But then, I was able to persuade him."

"But it's too dangerous for you, Lisa." Taehyung mutters worriedly. "Now that you're back here in Seoul, who knows what will happen to you?"

"Something horrible, of course." Lisa mumbled.