Chapter Ten

AMELIA'S POV

"Hey Amy" i looked up and saw Luke sticking his head through the door."Can i come in?"

"Your head is already in dude just get in here"i responded smiling. I've been awake for a little over a week now. Since the doctors requested for me to stay, I had no problems with remaining in bed. I really wished i could stay permanently. I was tired of being on my own and so far this pack seems friendly from all the stories I've heard from Luke.

In my heart, I knew I was never going to see or hear from Ben and Tom again. It has been over 6 months since we lost contact. If I ever saw them again, I would be happy but until then, there were no chances.

Luke visted me everyday, keeping me company. He had allowed me to call him Luke whenever we were together saying he was tired of being called Alpha all the time. I didn't mind because i was more comfortable calling him by his name. I knew he was an only child just like me and his parents were still alive. He didn't say anything about his mate so i asked to which he replied she was no more. My mind flashed back to the voice I heard so I had to tell him everything. I told him how i had heard what he said the day he entered my room. I just didn't want to hide it from him. He burst into tears after i told him and i had to comfort him since he had comforted on the day I cried too.

I was so comfortable with Luke and i just didn't know why. My wolf has been basically absent and i missed her alot. I could feel traces of her but that was all. I had Luke to keep me company but he wasn't always here like she would have been. I know our wolves don't usually talk with us much. They just share their opinion when they feel like but i always cherished the amount of time she spent chatting with me.

"Gwen said you're completely healed meaning you're now free of this boring  hospital room" he said while looking at me as if he wanted to capture all my emotions.

"Oh" i really wanted to stay. I was tired of being a rogue. I wanted to be a pack member, most especially 'his' pack member. I didn't want to go back to living on my own in constant fear. Ben and Tom were gone and i had no protection. I didn't want what happened the last time to happen again. I wasn't strong enough to stay all by myslef in no man's territory.

" I was wondering if you would uhmm..." it was funny how this Alpha always gets nervous and shy around me. I bet he isn't like this when he's pinishing someone though.

He would really look sexy being so controlling...

"would you uhmm...Oh God" he ran his hand through his perfect hair and just sat there.

"Can i stay here?"I asked. He snapped his head up at me immediately " I mean as a pack member. I want to stay" he was already smiling and i wondered how his face hadn't already torn into two from how big his smile was. "I don't want to be a rogue anymore and i could work too. I was a pack doctor, well an assistant but you get what i mean right?"

"Amelia it would be lovely to have you here and i could help you talk to the head doctor. She would be glad to have someone new in the team"

"Thank you so much. I would love that. I'm really grateful" Luke has given me a good chance to be happy again and I wasn't going to ruin it. " I still don't like that Elena but I'll try to tolerate her so you guys don't kick me out. I just want her to stay away from me that's all." 

"Oh i wouldn't kick you out just because you can't tolerate her. I would be pissed off too if i were in your shoes. You really went through a lot"

"I hate her and her son no doubt but I'll try to civil whenever i mistakenly run into her. If I do hurt her, please don'tbe too harsh on me" i said while looking down at my fingers.

"Don't worry yourself over that. You just have try your best, if she approaches you, all you need to do is avoid her. As long as you don't hurt her i can cover for you."

"Thank you"

"We have just one problem though" this made me look up quickly "i still need to know what happened with your old pack. Amelia how did you become a rogue? I need to put it into your papers"

I didn't really want to talk about it. I knew i was over that dick but it still hurt anytime i thought about it. "I...i" I shook my head to clear the depressing thoughts  "I was banished after my mate rejected me. He was an Alpha so it was easy for him for get away with whatever he wanted"

"Oh my God....I'm so sorry Amelia. He's such a dick. How could he not want you? You're perfect" i forced myself not to blush at this.

"He wanted a warrior mate not a pack doctor" i said smiling at him "but it was his loss really. It hurts alot evertime i think about it but i can't kill myslef because my mate was an asshole" i tried to stay strong and not burst into tears but it was hard to.

"What was the name of your pack?"he tried changing the topic because it was obvious i was going to cry soon.

"Rivers pack" i whisper to him. I couldn't look up because i knew he was going to figure who my mate was. All Alpha had knowledge about one another.

"That piece of shit" I heard him mutter.

Luke tried talking to me again but i had already shut him out. I didn't listen neither did i reply. He left eventually, right after telling me my new room would be ready tomorrow. I was happy i was alone again. There was no one to watch me pathetically cry my eyes out.

Why was my life filled with so much pain?

I hope this new beginning turns out alright. I don't want to end up regretting my decision to stay here.