Circa Regna Tonat

October 29, 2000

The rest of London had not got the memo to awake yet, so as the sun barely gave way to it's existence in the horizon everyone still slept. It made it the perfect time for William to walk Jaclyn around some of his favorite places, and historic sights he couldn't fathom how she had not visited while staying.

The Tower of London could easily be eerie in the darkness that still clung to part of the sky, but she had skipped about joyfully. There was something about feeling like the only two people on the planet that excited her.

"I'm sad I won't get to see you perform," he spoke up breath fogging in front of him as it was starting to get colder. What was hard to believe was he had seen her perform last Christmas when his father took Harry and him. Now knowing she existed he wanted to smack himself for not noticing her that night.

"I'm not," she laughed, "you think I'm a great dancer and I'd like to keep it that way. Besides, I know you'll enjoy Chile." There was something forced in her words as her hands gripped at her elbows out of his reach.

Ever since movie night last weekend she had been acting weird. Stuck in her head, observing him oddly, and not nervous but anxious. It was like she was afraid of something. Still, she never said no when he asked her to do something.

"I know you're a great dancer," he said. While she tried to continue on he lightly grabbed her elbow something she didn't prepare for. "I'd enjoy Chile a lot more if I weren't apart from you." They both stood appearing too frozen by the frigid air connected by his hand, and she gazed at him disbelief spilling in her entrancing eyes.

How could he not be completely entrapped by her? Her boldness that most completely looked past because she showcased it in proportion, her kindness that reflected in her gentle appearance, they were some of the many reasons why he could never look away from her.

She absolutely knew too, but for some reason couldn't bring herself to believe it. Who had hurt her? Made her question her self worth?

In the very next moment she pulled her gaze away scanning the courtyard of the tower. How could this be what she was doing on a Saturday morning? It was too good to be true, he was too good, to handsome for her. She was reading too much into his words that had to be it.

Trying to keep the conversation moving he asked, "are you ready to see your family for the holidays?" Her expression that had been guarded crumbled at the mention of her family, but still she tried to show that light in her eyes.

"I never go home for Christmas." Her eyes downcast her lips tried to pull up, but he couldn't believe her, and suddenly he was nervous to approach her. She had put distance between them on purpose. "I'm sorry I just assumed you would want to see your family, your brother, and-"

"Of course I do," she chuckled in disbelief but she wasn't mad, "but I just can't." Jaclyn couldn't say why though, money was one of those things he couldn't comprehend, and it was one of those things she never brought up. There was no reason to bring up another category they differed in.

Sensing she was done with the conversation he took notice of where they landed and said the first thing that came to his head. "Did you know this is where Anne Boleyn was rumored to be executed?"

Her mood perked slightly slivers of sadness still holding at her, but he had peaked her curiosity. Jaclyn asked, "are you serious?" He just nodded in response watching her as she spun around as if looking at everything with Anne's own eyes, seeing it all for the last time. "Well you sure know how to impress a girl."

"In my defense, I showed you the crown jewels, you seem to be enjoying this a bit more," he said. Sure enough she was spinning around slowly paying closer attention to tired and worn bricks of the building, and jagged ones they stood on.