҉ 七 ҉

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦

!!!WARNING!!!
This story contains heavy themes of blood, gore, suicide, s*xual-assault, self-harm, and yandere themes.

Story contains spoilers from the anime and manga.

Reader's Discretion is Advised

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦

The Rise of a Phoenix

In the yard of the Butterfly Estate, a h/c girl jumped back and forth. In one hand, there were thin needles placed between her fingers. In the other hand, an orange katana was grasped tightly.

Flipping backwards, the girl inhaled before abruptly exhaling, releasing the needles.

Thwack!

All at once, the needles pierced the wooden dummy, each at a precise spot. The girl continued to maneuver around the dummy before spinning and slashing the katana toward's the wooden figure.

Right before the blade had cut the neck of the dummy, the h/c girl stopped her sword less than an inch away.

Breathing heavily, the girl slowly lowered her sword. Once her breathing evened, a wide smile spread across her face from beneath her painted mask.

"I've finally mastered it!" Y/N grinned.

Months had passed since she began learning from Makio and Shinobu. Everyday between missions, the girl would wake up at the crack of dawn to practice needle throwing. After breakfast, she'd learn poison making with Shinobu and after lunch, she would practice her own breathing style. Y/N would also occasionally find Mitsuri to spar with who would always admit defeat a bit too easily.

However, that day was the first time she was able to execute each form perfectly, back to back. A lot of pride swirled within her.

As the girl sheathed her sword and retrieved the needles, a crow began to circle around her head.

"Squawk! New Mission! Head South, Head South! Little children have been going missing in Yoshino Village!"

Y/N looked up at crow, anticipation spreading.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

From the information gathered through the townspeople, Y/N knew that the demon had to be in the building in front of her.

The building was an old school that looked to be on the verge of collapsing. Part of the roof had already sunken in and large cracks were seen spreading across the building's base.