CHAPTER 57

When the sun and the moon enjoy their own romance in the night, the stars guard them by showing the world their own light.

'Man, I never knew you had it in you' Zubair says, slapping Aayan's back. Aayan pursed his lips and forcefully nods at his friend. He looks at Ruhee to see her showing of her ring to her friends with a huge smile. Well, if you haven't guessed it yet, the multiple clasps belonged to Zubair and Ruhee's friends. After the driver picked up Ruhee and left, Zubair had sent another car to pick up her friends. According to him, "We shouldn't miss your once in a lifetime moment." and Aayan had the urge to make it his last moment. A hand is kept on Aayan's shoulder and he lookes at the person, 'I hope you always keep her happy like this.' Huzayl says and Aayan nods. Yes, Huzayl was also here.

Ruhee walks over to the men and Aayan's mood instantly lifts up. He was expecting her to come to him, but she stood before Huzayl and spoke, 'I am so glad you also have come. And also....' she grabs Aina's hand and pulls her forward, '.... You haven't met her yet. This is Aina, my third bff.' Ruhee introduces. Aina gives him a big smile, and Huzayl just stared at her with no expression what so ever. Aina frowned at him while Ruhee called out to him, which caused him to break out of his trance. He apologized and greeted Aina. Aina smiles back at him, and he was sure at awe.

The girls didn't know why he was behaving the way he was, but the guys knew that look. Zubair leans near Aayan's ear and says, 'You now don't need to be jealous of him. That guy's eyes are set on a different girl, who is not your girl.' Aayan looks at him and says, 'Say that when he is talking to your girl.' Zubair scoffs and says, 'I am not jealous of anybody.' he looks towards Afza to find her laughing at something Huzayl had said. Zubair's eyes instantly narrow down at Huzayl, 'You are right, man. This guy should not be left alone.' Zubair says sternly, glaring daggers at an oblivious Huzayl.

'Okay people, it's time for lunch!' Zubair yells out to grab their attention. They all look towards the two isolated men, and walk towards them. Ruhee walks to stand right next to Aayan holding his arm, which made him so happy inside, but he only portrayed a smile. Zubair claps his hands and says, 'There is a special romantic arrangement for the couple and as for us, we are ordinary people who can go with a McD burger.' they just smile at his supposed joke, 'Thank you so much, Zubair.' Ruhee says to Zubair. Zubair looks at her and says, 'Oh, no worries. It was nothing.' 'But it was surely not possible for Aayan to have done all this, you made it even more special. Really, thank you.' Ruhee adds. Aayan looks at Ruhee and frowns.

I could have pulled this effortlessly and even better than him.

Zubair's chest puffs up with pride and he says, 'I know, right. He can do nothing without me.' Aayan scowls at him, 'Let's just go for lunch.' Aayan says and drags Ruhee along with him, out the hall. Ruhee waves goodbye to them as she gets in the car, as Aayan begins the drive. Sometime during the drive, Aayan glances at Ruhee to see her smiling at her ring. Aayan smiles at her and extends his hand to grab Ruhee's hand in his, as he drives. Ruhee just smiles at him and he smiles back. He actually loved the way their hands fit perfectly in each others.

Aayan was surprised when Ruhee had said the three words. His breathing hitched and his heart beat was racing a marathon. He was so happy to hear that the lady love of his life loved him back. He was happy beyond words and that was all because of three simple words that left Ruhee's mouth. Aayan stops the car in front of the restaurant and they get out. Ruhee leaves her bag in the car as she runs around to Aayan, and holds his hand in hers. He smiles down at her and they hand in hand, happily walk into the restaurant.

He informs the man in suit about their reservation and he guides them to their seats. The waiter shows them their table and Aayan hears a gasp beside him. It was a candle light dinner table arranged especially for them. It wasn't that grand but enough for Ruhee to love it. The waiter leaves them to grab the menu cards. Aayan pulls out a seat for Ruhee, and she sits down after thanking him. He also settles in his seat and looks at a very happy Ruhee. The waiter arrives with the menus' and Aayan places the order for both of them. The waiter leaves to bring their food.

Aayan places his elbow on the table and rests his face on his palm, as he stares at a smiling Ruhee. Ruhee senses eyes on her and she looks at him and asks, 'What you looking at?' 'You.' he responds immediately. Ruhee scrunches her nose and says, 'Eww, so cheesy.' But a smile soon follows. Aayan sits back straight and asks her, 'Do you really think I would not have been able to set that kind of proposal for you?' 'I don't think, I am sure you wouldn't have. Atleast not that amazing.' Ruhee says, 'And why do think that?' he asks with a frown, 'Well, you are not the romantic type.' she says, 'And Zubair is?' he asks, 'Oh yes. Romance runs in his veins.' Ruhee says, smiling mischievously innocent at him and Aayan scoffs.

'Someday, I am gonna plan something super romantic for you, you will be surprised. ' Aayan says, determination reflecting in his eyes. Ruhee places her elbow on the table and rests her chin on her palm and asks, 'Really? Something Romantic? Better than today?' with a smirk, 'Yes, better than today.' Aayan says, and just then, the waiter arrives with the food. They sit back straight and Aayan hears Ruhee say, 'We'll see.' they enjoy their dinner with small talks here and there.

Aayan's car was now parked in front of Ruhee's house. Ruhee tried to free her hand from his, but he wouldn't let go, 'Aayan, I need to go.' she says to him, 'Then go Ruhee, what are you waiting for?' he says innocently, 'For you to free my hand.' she says, still struggling to free her hand, 'Ahh, that is not going to happen.' Aayan says, like he just realized that, 'Why?' Ruhee whines, 'Because I like it this way.' he says, looking at her. Ruhee makes a whiny face and scolds him, 'Aayan, don't behave like a child.' 'Why did they have to set the date a month later?' he states his worry, 'Because they need time to prepare.' Ruhee says, 'It's just a Nikkah. All they need is a groom and bride, and their family. Why do all this?' he asks, 'You are just saying that because you don't like the fact that we are apart.' Ruhee says, still trying to free her hand, but he held it on like an iron grip, but still gentle.

'You know it, then why are you in a hurry to leave me?' Aayan asks in a low voice. Ruhee stops her struggle and looks at him. Her face softens at his look and she says, 'Oh Aayan, it's just a matter of a month. It will be gone in a blink an eye.' On hearing this, Aayan blinks his eye. Ruhee let's out a small laugh at his behavior, 'Aayan.' Ruhee says and he signs leaving her hand. She smiles and pecks his cheek, before rushing out the car. Aayan was stunned for a moment, but he smiles soon. Aayan starts the engine and drives home.

He walks into his house to see his mother standing at the door way with a huge smile. He looks at her uncertain, but she soon moves forward and hugs him, tight. After some choking, she pulls back and looks at Aayan's face, 'I am so glad you found your happiness.' Aayan finally understood what his mother meant and he awkwardly scratches the back of his neck, 'Even though Zubair has told me most of it, you tell me everything.' Sahma orders him with excitement. Aayan's eyes go wide and he says, 'Ammi, I am a bit tired now, so maybe later.' he tries to walk past her and he succeeds. He was climbing up the stairs when he heard his mother say, 'I know you won't tell me later also, but I am still happy for you.' he quickly walks up the stairs and in to his room.

I am seriously going to kill Zubair someday.

Sometime after dinner, Aayan was typing away in his laptop in his room, when his mobile rang. He mindlessly picked it up and answered it, to hear the cheerful voice of Ruhee, 'Aayan, Aayan, Aayan!' a smile instantly grazed his lips at her childish nature and he could imagine her jumping right now, 'Yes, Ruhee.' 'They are coming! They are coming!' she says, still excited. Aayan frowns and asks, 'Who are?' 'My eldest Phupi. The ones I told you that live in Riyadh. They are coming for our wedding. They had finally got their tickets booked. They'd be here a week before our wedding. They are all coming!' Ruhee says, all happy.

Aayan smiles and says, 'You must really be happy then.' 'Of course I am. Just that...' her voice suddenly calms down, '..... I am not sure if thayba will be able to make it.' she says, 'Don't worry, they'll find a way.' 'Maybe. Thayba's company is very strict, they don't let leave so easily.' she says, 'What company does he work at?' Aayan asks, 'Some Hocus Pocus company.' she says unsure, 'Hoscum Pookers?' Aayan suggests, 'Aah, yes. That one.' Aayan let's out a small laugh, 'Okay.' 'Oh, Ammi is calling. Gotta go.' Ruhee says and cuts the call. He looks back at his mobile screen and smiles.

Hoscum Pookers.

Aayan was very familiar with that company. In fact, they were good dealers with his company. Aayan thinks for awhile and picks up his mobile to dial a number.

Maybe I can do something.