Chapter 38

Chapter 38

What Is A World Without Ciel Alfieri? 

I carefully slipped out from Ciel’s arms and his thick comforter after staring at him for five solid minutes the moment I woke up. 

Gumalaw siya nang kaunti nang makawala na ako sa mga yakap niya. I thought he’d wake up but he didn’t. He just rolled onto a more comfortable lying position. 

He was fast asleep and too tired to even  notice that I was no longer in his arms. 

I smiled, picking up his shirt on the floor so I could wear it to dress up my naked body. It looked like a dress on me. It was loose and it smells exactly just like him. 

I crossed my arms on my chest as I stood up on the side of his bed, staring at the sleeping Ciel once more. God, when will I ever get tired of adoring him? Never. 

He looks beautiful as he lies on his stomach, one cheek was buried on the pillow while the other one was exposed. He was topless and I can freely see his well defined back that looks firm with his muscles because the only part that his comforter was covering was his lower part. There were even visible red scratches down his back that I’m responsible for. 

I always cut my nails and yet I still managed to leave my marks on him.

A soft smile drew across my lips. 

“I love you.” I whispered as I watched him sleep peacefully. And I know it wasn’t enough. Those three words aren’t enough to express the deep emotion that I’ve been feeling for him. 

I turned my back on him with a soft smile plastered on my face. I roamed my eyes around his room. It was wide, simple, and manly. Just the same as his condo. Minimal design and colors. 

He also has a floating shelf on his white walls with figurine airplanes and textbooks that’s all about aeronautics. 

He even got a drafting table on the corner of his room just beside his desk. I carefully take steps towards his working desk, nandoon ang phone niya sa may desk katabi ng mga pens at rulers niya. 

Pinailaw ko ang phone niya kahit na nakapatong iyon sa desk. My smile grew wide the moment I saw his lockscreen again. It was still the same lockscreen that I saw the other day in the cafe. I opened his phone since it doesn’t have a passcode. I actually don’t mind if it does have and I’m not going to ask him about that. We may be in a relationship but I still respect his privacy. If he cheats, it’s his loss not mine. 

My heart thumped as I felt the familiar stir on my stomach the moment I saw his wallpaper. It was still us, sitting on the lounger in Amanpulo but with a different pose. I was smiling widely with crinkles on my nose, he was biting my chin and my fingers are digging through his hot as fuck curls. Pareho pa na namumula ang mga pisngi namin dahil sa sunburn. 

Kagat labi kong ini-sleep mode ang phone niya bago ito binaligtad. And there I saw beneath his clear phone case was a polaroid photo of him, Megi, and their mom. Ciel was in the middle wearing his pilot uniform and his arms were wrapped around the shoulders of his mom and sister who were wearing scrubs, side by side. Mukhang hindi pa Captain dito si Ciel dahil hindi pa apat ang stripes na nasa balikat niya. Nonetheless, their smiles here were priceless. 

At ang ganda ng Mommy niya. May hawig ito kay Catherine Zeta-Jones. No wonder why Capt. Alfieri junior couldn’t stop talking about her. 

“Hey…” 

I nearly jumped on my skin when I heard a deep whisper and I felt a pair of strong arms wrapping around my waist. I tilted my head over my shoulder and I saw my baby Captain who just woke up. His curls were disheveled and his eyes were soft and lazy as they stared at me.