CHAPTER 4

A/n: I'm tryna update most of my stories soon cuz since school starts...watch me go MIA

but most of these have been in my drafts💀 im just now publishing it🤡chile..

____________

🎶Close your eyes, don't shed no tears
Keep it dark, close the shades 🎶

Omniscient—

June 12-2016

June 12-2016

The day was hot. The blazing sun was out. Naija was 16, licking popsicles on the porch along with her cousins.

They were never too fond of her and treated her like an unwanted baby sister but she still always made an effort to fit in with them and hang out, and most of the time they'd let her.

They were starting to get suspicious as time only flew by. The sun was scorching and they were tired of being outside but they would not go back inside until Naija's auntie and uncle (her cousins' parents) came back.

"Wass takin' 'em so long?" Marshall asked, kissing his teeth as he stood to his feet. Mariah tugged at his shorts. "Aye wait, don't go back inside. They'a turn up soon."

"Iss hot!" Ryleigh complained as Naija sat beside her feeling just the same but didn't mind the unlimited popsicles.

"Y'all got no patience." Tyson, the fourth sibling, said, tapping his foot against the white wooden porch, taking an icecream sandwhich from the box.

Naija, being quiet as usual, observed as always. She too was curious as to what was keeping her aunt and uncle but dared not to put her input on it or they'd snap at her or something.

Mariah rolled her eyes and stood up along with Marshall. "Ight fine. Let's-" she paused once they heard ambulances, police sirens, and screaming out in the distance. It was a couple blocks away but they could hear it loud and clear.

"What that is?" Tyson questioned, standing up to see and Marshall, being the oldest, motioned for them to stay back. As soon as he saw some people he recognized running to the scene, he suddenly took off running to see too.

"Aye! Marshall wait up!" Mariah hollered out, dropping her things and ran after him.

Tyson soon followed and Ryleigh looked around anxiously, glancing at Naija who looked just as concerned as she did. "Come on." She said, running after the rest and Naija stood to her feet, dropping her beloved popsicle in the grass.