Midnight Makes a Decision

Midnight was visiting the orphanage after her usual patrol.

No reason other than the feeling she has been carrying with her for the past few days. She was late to a recent villain attack on a apartment building. A fire breathing villain was on a rampage caused by the anger at his wife for divorcing him. In the attack he killed his wife, majorly injured 5 people, and caused minor injury to 10. But the most devastating part was when she discovered that his child was supposed to be there in that apartment when he burned it down. That villain was planning on killing his family out of pettiness! Instead the child came running up to the scene with tears in his eyes as he watched his home burn to the ground with his mother inside.

**
(Flashback)
"Mom?! MAMMA?!" a child's voice yelled out through the night as a family of three followed after a running green haired boy. "No! NO!"

The older blond woman covered her mouth at the sight, and the man put his arm around his grief-stricken wife. The blond boy was staring at the inferno with a scowl before glancing back at the green haired child with a look of pity.

Midnight looked away from the scene. It broke her heart to see this. She had just recently graduated, but she wasn't expecting to be greeted with this sort of tragedy so early in her hero job. She was preparing for it to happen, she just didn't want it to be this soon. Poor child.

She looked back at the boy with emerald green eyes, large tears streaking down his face. The fire illuminating an orange hue to his grief-stricken face as he watched the building that he lived in, his home, being destroyed by the flames of his father.

'I'm sorry. I couldn't save her in time.' Midnight thought to herself as she looked at the boy's sad expression.

'If only I was sooner to the scene, I could have saved her.' Midnight thought as she silently said a prayer and apology to the woman lost in the fire.
(Flashback over)

**

The villain was apprehended, but the damage was already done. The building had to be rebuilt, and the residents were homeless for a few months. The residents were granted the ability to stay in one of the apartment buildings that the heroes made in cases of situations like these. She felt so bad for the small boy, and she felt even worst when he had to be put into the foster system. Nemuri caught wind that one of the mother's friends tried to take him in, but social workers wouldn't allow it since they weren't named legal guardians over the boy. From what she knows, the blond woman put up quite a fight to keep her friend's child with her.

So she took it into her own hands to see how the child was doing after being in the system for less than a week. She went in with her civilian clothes in order to not be recognized by anyone there. She wore a dark blue blazer and pencil skirt with a ruffled white dress shirt underneath. She wore small black heels with a dark purple pantyhose made out of ultra thin material. She carried a small red clutch in her hand for her necessities. Nemuri adjusted her glasses before opening to door to the orphanage.

"Hello. I am Nemuri Kayama, I called ahead to meet with Midoriya Izuku." She said to the lady behind the rickety wooden desk.

The kind lady nodded and said, "The children are all playing outside in the backyard. Follow me, Miss Kayama."

Midnight was guided to the backyard where the children were playing. The backyard had a playground with swings, slides, and a big playhouse. There were many toys and balls that were scattered all over the grass. Midnight looked over to the groups of children playing and didn't see the green hair she saw that night. Until Nemuri looked over by the tree and saw a small green haired boy just sitting against the tree looking at the flowers sprouting from the ground.