Part 2

Suga guided the old woman forward with her hand stretched out. Smiling Jisoo grabbed it and listened as the woman released her grievances. Kai and Johnny stood off to the side as Seulgi and Irene helped the others co-ordinate the line. This town was a small one. Due to Max and Duke's work in spreading the news of Jisoo and the anointed "spirit" within her. Kai's heart was elated. This type of work, spreading the true word of the Spirit of Meta to those who needed faith is exactly what the kingdom needed. Proudly he heard Jisoo recite the prayers that he and Suga had taught her. The old woman thanked her for the blessings and a family of five followed up after her.

"I do not want you to do this Lisa," Patrick looked over to the side. Bella was staring out of the window as Lisa spoke to them, "When will we see you again?"

"I do not know father." Lisa peaked at her mother, "It depends on the outcome," a servant entered and handed Patrick a piece of paper. Sighing, he nodded as he stood up.

"I am needed at the vineyard," he placed the paper in his jacket pocket, "When are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow morning."

"Alright, I will continue this with you tonight then," he shuffled over and gave her a kiss on the head. She glanced at her mother, whose back was turned to her.

"Do you have anything to say?" she asked.

Bella faced her arms crossed, "Where will you be going after this?"

"To visit a friend, her name is Somin," she saw her daughter's eyes light up. Chuckling, she sat down on the couch across from her.

"A special friend?"

"Yeah," Lisa smiled softly.

Eyebrows raised Bella pursed her lips in amusement, "Honey do you like her?"

Lisa shook her hands, but the redness tinting her cheeks said otherwise, "No, no. It is just...well she is beautiful. But also, intelligent. I enjoy listening to her talk and well you know."

She placed a hand on her shoulder and squeezed gently, "Alright honey."

Lisa appreciated her mother's smile, "Mum, are you upset with me? For taking Jisoo's side?"

Dropping her hand Bella shrugged, "I am upset honey. But not at you," Lisa perked up, "If anything I am upset at myself. Things should not have escalated to this point. But here we are."

"When Jisoo takes the throne, I'll make sure that you won't get punished mum. Well not severely."

"When huh? What if you lose?"

"We won't," said Lisa.

Bella admired her conviction. Youth allowed for that. But she wondered if her daughter was truly ready, "Just promise me to trust your instincts," she said.

"I will," said Lisa.

"Honey, I mean it. When it comes to the princess, I know you tend to ignore your instincts."

Lisa shook her head, "I am going to do my best."

Bella looked at her. She herself was slightly older than Lisa when she joined Eon's insurrection for succession to the throne. She had always imagined providing a more peaceful life for her daughter. But now, she is forced to possibly sending her off to her own death. Her heart ached at the thought.

"Honey, princess Jisoo will destroy you. Especially with those vultures around her," she said.

"Jisoo is surrounded by people who support and believe in her mum. Moreover, she would never do anything to hurt me."