#25 Damaged.

The Rockville Hotel, otherwise known as the cheapest dump our school funds will allow in order to play in the across state tournament. After hearing coach spill out the pointless rules that everyone knows will be broken before the end of the trip we grab our door keys for room 202 and head on up with our heavy bags and sounds of glass bottles clanging together from inside.

I unloaded the alcohol into the mini fridge until it was full to capacity and then placed the rest on a circular, brown wooden table. We didn't bother unpacking our clothes but sticking to tradition we each hung our red soccer jerseys over our beds. The room was tight but alright I guess, anything was better than home. It smelt musty like the arcade and that was oddly comforting.

The beds were hard but the sheets were clean and the room decor desperately needed updating but I don't think the hotel struck up enough business to pull the funds together for a remodel.

"I don't think we're going to get much sleep tonight" My heart rate accelerated as I heard her voice through the paper thin walls. Jordan looked up immediately with wide eyes and shot me a devious smile instantly, reading my mind.

"She's next door." he whispered to me, pointing at the wall and I shook my head, trying to play down my feelings and pretend she didn't bother me but my insides were doing excited flips and I wished the wall would fall down between us.

"Let's go" he mouthed but I shook my head again, refusing to play into his suggestive glances towards my feelings for Olivia. I unpacked my toiletries, shutting Jordan out but still pricking my ears to hear Olivia's conversation with her friend.

Suddenly I felt Jordans hands on my arm tugging me towards the door, I flinched at the contact on instinct and willingly walked the way he guided just to get his hands off me. He didn't even bother to knock, he just banged open the door and peered inside.

"Oh, it's you two." He said with a disgusting tone, like he didn't already know this was their room.

"No it's you two, why are you barging into our room?" Her friend said looking slightly annoyed but I didn't care about her or about Jordan.

In that moment Olivia was the only one in the room. She looked amazing, even after travelling for four hours cramped on a hot bus. She wore Adidas tracksuit pants and a white crop top. She doesn't usually wear tracksuits so she must have opted for comfort today. Her hair mostly hung loose apart from two small braids at the top of her head, keeping the hair out of her beautiful face. She looked relaxed, which was the opposite of what I was feeling from just being in the same room as her.

I lay on the bed closest to mine, except for a layer of thin plaster that separated us. I hoped it was her bed and judging by the scattered clothes that Jordan was sitting on, on the other bed I think I assumed right. Especially since her friend was continuously trying to get him to get up. Her bed was comfier than mine and I made the assumption it was a newer mattress. Looking up at ceiling, placing my hands beneath my head as pillows I gave the impression I was as cool and calm as a cucumber. I was trying to portray the picture like the butterflies were not causing chaos in my lower stomach.

So much for getting over her Liam.

"We are next door, came to tell our neighbors about the party in our room tomorrow night but I'm guessing you two goody two shoes won't be coming. But yano what? I'm feeling nice so I'll tell you about it anyway because it's gonna be loud." Jordan's quick thinking mouth said.

"Coach said -" She started as she shot me a disapproving look. Was she not pleased about me being on her bed?

"That's okay Olive, we're not inviting the coach." Jordan interrupted and I couldn't bite back my laughter at his sarcasm.