Knight In Shining Armor - Polnareff x Reader

Warnings: Mild cursing

~~~~~~

"Hey! Hey, you," you called out.

In the garden of your castle, you spotted a young boy about your age. He had white hair that stood upwards on end and his overbite exposed his front teeth. You didn't mind his slightly unusual appearance, you were simply happy to see another kid your age for once.

"What? Me?" The kid asked in surprise, turning to face you.

Immediately upon seeing your fancy gown and tiara, the boy recognized you as the princess. He bowed respectfully, to which you laughed in reply.

"You don't have to be all formal, my dad isn't around," you whispered to the boy as you got closer.

"B-but, you're the princess..." the boy stuttered.

You took the tiara off of your head and placed it on the ground beside your feet. "There, now I'm just (Y/N). And you are?" You prompted.

"I-I'm Jean Pierre," the boy stammered.

"How did you get here?" You asked. You watched the boys face fall into a frown and immediately recovered, "Not that I'm complaining."

"My father is the captain of the royal guard," the boy clarified.

"Oh, Mr. Polnareff is your father?" You asked excitedly.

"Yes. Do you know him?"

"Of course I know him!"

Jean Pierre seemed to like the fact that you knew his father as he beamed with pride. You chuckled at his delightful smile.

"Do you want to play with me?" You asked him.

He happily accepted and the two of you played simple games in the garden for a while until both of your fathers emerged from the castle and spotted the two of you together.

"(Y/N)," your father called.

"Jean," Mr. Polnareff called.

The two of you stopped dead in your tracks as you had been in the middle of a game of tag. You turned to look at your parents who stalked over to you. Your father seemed especially angry, Mr. Polnareff seemed indifferent.

"Look at what you've done to your dress," your father said, pointing to the dirt you had gotten on your clothes, "and your hair."

You blushed with embarrassment to be scolded in front of your new friend. Jean Pierre shifted uncomfortably next to you.

"And where's your tiara?" Your father shouted unexpectedly.

"O-over there, papa," you told him, pointing to its place underneath a nearby tree.

Your father facepalmed and sighed. He quickly grabbed your hand and dragged you away.

"Papa! Please!" You pleaded. Your father didn't listen to your cries or even acknowledge the tugging of your arm to try to wrench it free from his grasp.

Jean took a few steps towards you before his father placed a hand on his shoulder. "It's best not to engage the princess, son," his father told him, "or else her father will have your head for a trophy."

When Jean Pierre placed his hands over his neck and gasped, his father chuckled deeply and reassured him he was only joking. Though, with the king, he was never able to rule that out as a possibility.

After an incredibly long lecture from your father about what it meant to be a proper lady, and a princess, at that, you stood on your balcony and sighed. Your balcony overlooked the garden and you could still see Jean Pierre down below, practicing sword fighting with his father. Every so often you could swear you caught him looking back at you, but the moments were brief and there was no way to confirm it from this distance.