Order 66

"Senator Organa. My Clone Troopers have turned against Azaylia and I. We need help." Obi-Wan states.
"We have just rescued Master Yoda. It appears this ambush has happened everywhere. We are sending you our coordinates." Senator Organa says before disappearing.
"Oh Ben. I hope Anakin and Soreé are alright..." Azaylia gulps.
"Me too darling, me too..." he gives the women's back a slight rub before putting in the coordinates.
>>>

"How many other Jedi are still alive?" Obi-Wan asks.
"Heard from no one we have." Master Yoda looks down.
"I saw thousands of troops attack the Jedi Temple. That's why I went looking for Yoda." Senator Organa states.
"Have we had any other contact from the Temple?" Obi-Wan asks. Azaylia doesn't say anything. She couldn't say anything. She was struck speechless at the situation unfolding before her.
"Received a coded retreat message we have." Master Yoda says.
"It requests all the Jedi to return to the Temple." Senator Organa nods. "It says the war is over."
"Well then we must go back! If there are any stragglers left they will fall into the trap and be killed!" Azaylia blurts out, making everyone jump a little.
"Hmm. Dismantling the code, you suggest?" Master Yoda asks me. Azaylia nods, lapsed into silence again.
"I agree with Azaylia Master. There is too much at stake." Obi-Wan exclaims.
"I agree." Master Yoda nods. "And a little more knowledge might light our way."
>>>

Obi-Wan, Master Yoda and Azaylia arrived at the Temple. They had to kill the Clones firing at us from the entrance. Azaylia hated every moment of it...she hated plunging her lightsaber into the chests of the people she was supposed to trust. She recognized the blue colour of their armour, signifying that it was the 501st...which was Anakin's battalion...

Once the three Jedi entered the Temple, Azaylia gasps and clamps her hand over her mouth in terror. All over the floor were the dead bodies of the future Jedi Order, in their own little pools of blood. Azaylia felt tears stinging in her eyes.
"Not even the younglings survived." Obi-Wan said sadly.
"Killed not by Clones this Padawan was." Master Yoda gulped. "Killed by lightsaber he was."
"Who? Who could've done this?" Obi-Wan crouched down and looked at me. Azaylia looked back at him with tears threatening to spill out at any moment.

"Master...?" Azaylia heard a choked voice cry out. She looked to where it was coming from.

Her heart stopped as she realized who it was...

"Soreé!" Azaylia screamed and sprinted over to her. "Soreé no!" She fell to her knees, not even caring about the hard floor and cradled the Twil'lek's head. She was stabbed in the stomach. The women held the wound but all it did was turn the palm of her hand a deep crimson.
"Master...I tried to protect them...but...I failed Master...I'm sorry..." Soreé said in a strangled voice.
"Soreé...you never failed. You-you did all you could. We are going to save you Soreé." The tears that we're in Azaylia's eyes had spilled out and streamed down her cheeks
"Master...I'm afraid. I don't want to die." Azaylia could see her Padawan's tears shining in her eyes. She coughed, a bit of blood spilled out of her mouth.
"I'm here. You don't have to be afraid SoSo." Azaylia rocked her back and forth using her nickname she had stopped calling her because she thought she was too old for it. Azaylia always had nicknames for everyone. SoSo was hers.
"Thank you...for everything Master Zayli...I'll miss you...I love you..." Soreé whispers and draws her final breath.
"No! NO!!" Azaylia screams shaking her body lightly. "Wake up!" Her voice cracks. She watched the life slowly drain out of the her Padawan's eyes. They now looked like glass. Like they weren't even real. Azaylia could just curl up and die right there. She wouldn't even mind.

"Hello there young one. I'm Azyalia. I'm going to be your Master." I crouched down to her level. "What's your name?"
"Soreé." She whispered.
"Nice to meet you Soreé. Are you excited to start training?" I asked.
"Yes." She replied.
"You and I are going to be great friends, I can tell." I smile at her.  She flashes her bright smile back.

Azaylia lets out a choked sob. This was a nightmare. It couldn't be real. Soreé was supposed to go on her solo mission sometime this week. Azaylia was sure she didn't know she'd die before then.
"Zayli." Azaylia feels a hand on my shoulder. "We-we have to go."
Azaylia trails up the person's arm. It's Obi-Wan. Azaylia lets go of the limp, green Twi'lek and stands up. Her face twitches sightly, trying to hold back tears.
"Darling."Obi-Wan whispered in the women's ear and wrapped his arms around her in a comforting hug. Azaylia clutches him tightly and whimpers before finally breaking into full out sobs.
"How am I going to live without her..." Azaylia squeaks, making Obi-Wan's heart twist in his chest. He just strokes her hair and tries to console her, even landing a little kiss on the top of her head.

The two sensed Master Yoda was looking at them with a thoughtful expression but considering the circumstances, they could care less...
>>>

"I've recalibrated the code, warning all surviving Jedi to stay away."
"For the Clones to discover the recalibration, a long time it will take." Master Yoda assures.

Obi-Wan puts the piece back into its place. We start to leave but Azaylia stops in her tracks.
"Wait Master...there is something I must know." I go over to the security holograms.
"I would like to know as well." Obi-Wan states and comes beside Azaylia.
"If into the security recordings you go, only pain will you find." Master Yoda warns.
Azaylia disregards his warning. She wanted to see the face of her Padawan's murderer.
"We must know Master." Obi-Wan replies. Master Yoda just shakes his head sadly.

Azaylia rewinds the tape and stop it around the time of when they were killed. The face she see is gut wrenching...

It's Anakin. Just like in Azaylia's vision.

She cries out, as if she had been stabbed in the chest with a lightsaber over and over again. That's what it felt like for her anyway. Obi-Wan shakes his head in disbelief and holds back his tears.
"It can't be. It can't be." He repeats.
"No Ani, no." Azaylia whispers

The tape then shows Anakin kneeling before a cloaked figure.
"You have done well my new apprentice..." someone said in an all too familiar-sounding voice. "Now Lord Vader. Go and bring peace to the Empire."
Obi-Wan turns it off.
"I can't watch anymore." Obi-Wan breathes, turning away.

Azaylia slams her hand down in a sudden burst of anger.

"That's not Anakin!" She seethes. "That is not the Anakin I know! I should've known." She storms with a dangerous expression. "I never liked the Chancellor. Since the day he said I wasn't good enough to protect Padmé. I always had a sickly feeling when he was near. I should've been there for Anakin. Not let him be fathered by some evil politician! How could I let this happen?!" She braces herself on the table. "How could I let this happen?" She whispered more quietly and more calmly.

"Zayli. Please calm down. None of us could've suspected this." Obi-Wan grabs the women's hand and gives it a small squeeze.
"I could've stopped this." She repeats, tears starting to blind her vision.
"Destroy the Sith, we must." Master Yoda taps his cane.
"Send me to kill the Emperor! I'll do it with pleasure!" Azaylia exclaims, breaking away from Obi-Wan's hand.
"To defeat this Lord Sidious, strong enough you are not Azaylia." Master Yoda says firmly.
"Then I will kill him." Obi-Wan speaks up.
Master Yoda shakes his head, "Strong enough, you also are not, Obi-Wan."
"I will not kill Anakin. He's my little brother! He has been since he was born." Azaylia exclaims with a mixture of pain and anger.
"I don't think I can do it either Master Yoda." Obi-Wan looks down. "He's like my brother too."
"Twisted by the Dark Side, young Skywalker is. The boy you trained Obi-Wan, gone he is. Hard this will be to accept for you, Azaylia, but your little brother, also gone he is. Consumed by Darth Vader." Master Yoda walks around.
"We do not know where the Emperor sent him." Obi-Wan states. "I-I don't know where to look."
"Search your feelings, you two, and find him you will." He hobbles out of the room.

Azaylia takes hold of Obi-Wan's hand again feeling a little bit of comfort with his touch.
"Padmé might know of his whereabouts." Azaylia suggests. "And we must tell her what Anakin has done..." She drops her head and Obi-Wan just nods.

How did the happy, carefree, kind, selfless boy she once knew turn into such a evil, hateful monster...

A/N: Sadness. Pain. Honestly, I started crying when I wrote Soreé's death. I felt so bad :(. Order 66 is one of the saddest things in Star Wars. Prove me wrong. Hope you enjoyed this chapter!
-B